Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SV ITS Trigger in STI Edge

slik40

Hi,

I find the stock trigger from STI to be too short given the length of my finger (STI Edge in .40).  When looking at replacement triggers, it seems SV has the best option with the interchangable trigger system (ITS).  Once this is in, if the trigger is too short, just change out the insert.

My first question is, is this the same trigger as the Tri-Glide?  

If so, what additional parts are required when adding this to an ST?  I imagine that at a minimum the trigger will require a new sear spring, is anything else required like the disconnector?  Are there any compatibility issues?

Any help would be appreciated.

slik40,

the sv trigger system is the way to go.  the sti trigger can be swapped out easily.  the sv system comes with a disconnetor, trigger, sear spring and you can specify length and style of the trigger insert.

for a really good trigger pull and good looking addition, i would get a doug keoing hammer.

i have this setup on all my 1911 type guns.

good luck,

lynn jones

ps do a search, this topic has been discussed before your posting.

(Edited by lynn jones at 3:41 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

ps do a search, this topic has been discussed before your posting.

Hey Lynn, tried some search criteria but could not find any results that let me know specifically that the ITS trigger is in fact the tri-glide trigger.  Will work on my search technique..I know what a pain it is to see multiple posts on the same topic.

I got confused originally from the SV website when they mentioned on the same page the ITS trigger and the Tri-glide "light touch" trigger.  This made me think that the ITS trigger is a different item, and would not require the same parts as the tri-glide trigger.  This way I might get away with just the trigger and insert.

(Edited by slik40 at 5:11 pm on Jan. 24, 2003)

The only difference between the ITS trigger and the Tri-Glide is the Tri-Glide has a little ball in the back where it contacts the disconnector.

The ITS is the interchangable trigger bow and the inserts. I think all the ITS triggers have the Tri-Glide ball now.

In any event, it will work fine in your Edge. I have one in my Edge and my open gun as well.

From reading Bronwell's...

ITS stands for Interlocking Trigger System..."quick change trigger profiles for the best fit possible".

The ITS (changable trigger face inserts) is available with with the Standard base (w/ lightweigth titanium bow) or the Tri-Glide base (w/ the steel ball bearing insert in the bow)

slik40,

i don't think you can get just the trigger and insert by themselves ( you can buy several different inserts though).  the system does work.  with the sv system and the keoing hammer combo, i can get a very smooth trigger pull.  i don't know the poundage, but i 's say less than 1lb, with total reliablity.  once you get the sv system installed, you can change inserts very easily.  one more point, from experience,  when you get the insert you like in the trigger, locktite it in.  the insert is secured by the trigger stop.  so, i guess you have to get the correct insert and the trigger stop positioned correctly before you locktite.  sorry to ramble.

lynn

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the input.  I especially want to thank Flex for the Brownells reference, had not been there in a while and had not noticed the new site layout.....a pleasant little surprise.

Lynn, will look into the Koening hammer as well, thanks for the input.

I don't own, nor have I tried to buy, them...but, Brownell's clearly lists the triggers as sold independently. (p. 102, catalog #55)

http://brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/Product...il.aspx?p=12597

They sell the trigger inserts and the sell the trigger bases.  The bases can be had in standard or Tri-Glide.

This might be easily confused with the "Tri-Glide Trigger System"...which is a Tri-Glide trigger base, sear spring and disconnector.