Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistolsmith Bennie Hill

Nick Weidhaas

I haven't had Bennie do any work to any of my pistols, but that's no slam on him.  I have friends that have sent him jamming POS race guns and gotten back 100% functional guns in quick time.  His work tends to be a little closer to the "make it work 100%" than the "100% pretty" side of the fence, but for anything besides a showpiece, that's no problem.

I've never had any dealings with Benny myself, but Ive been told by several other  shooters that my open gun  was built by him. I know I'm at least the third person to own this gun, but if it is any reflection of his ability as a gunsmith he should be pretty darn good. After a year of heavy shooting it has never failed me. I know the person who had it before me and they never had any problems either.

Although I have never had Benny work on any of my guns, I have shot with him. I can attest to the fact that Benny posesses (as BE attests) an exceedingly high level of wit, humor and charm. He also seems to be a basically nice guy. Also notice that I said I have shot with him. It gives me additonal confidence in a gunsmith to know that he shoots matches with us. He knows what works.

Several friends have had guns built by Benny and I have NEVER heard complaints. Perhaps Wakal will chime in here, I know he owns several Benny Hill guns.

BTW, I have seen many Benny Hill guns and although he never adds anything JUST for appearance, all the guns I have seen are quite attractive.

Edited by jkmccoy at 2:38 am on Jan. 22, 2003)

(Edited by jkmccoy at 8:53 am on Jan. 22, 2003)

Yep, both entertaining to talk to and a great 'smith.  I have one of his 6" "Fat Free .40" Limited guns, and noticed that it jumped my scores between five and ten percent over my P14.  Ran so well that when my wife decided that she wanted an Open gun, we spec'ed one out with Benny and had him build it.

He is a heck of a shooter, too.

Alex

Thanks for all the feedback.  I would like to get Benny a pistol to work on in the future, but for now I'm going to try another smith.  Dave Berryhill (probably never heard of him) is starting up a pistolsmith shop.  He is retired law enforcement and as I am an LEO I wanted to give a retired brother in blue some work.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thanks again,

Nick-

i've had 3 pistols built by bennie hill.  i am very satisfied.  but what can you expect from a grand master and pistolsmith.

fyi,  the turn around time is excellent.

bennie,

do i get the suck-up discount now?

lynn jones

(Edited by lynn jones at 11:26 am on Jan. 22, 2003)

I've had several guns from Benny and I'm not only 100% happy with the guns, I've been 100% happy with Benny's excellent service.  He goes out of his way to make sure you are one real happy customer.

Benny's built me a 100% reliable open gun in 38Super; an Infinity in 38Super for IDPA, an Infinity in .40 for Ltd, the most kick ass AR and 1100 for 3-Gun.

Not only do they do the job well, they have all been 100% reliable.

I trust Benny's work so much, I trust my life with one his guns.  He built me a STI with Commander size slide in 9x23 that I carry daily.

Here's some of the guns Benny built for me;

STI 9x23 Carry Gun

sti_9x23.jpg

38Super Infinity for IDPA

infinity.jpg

38Super Open Gun

open1.jpg

(Edited by PhilD at 3:53 pm on Jan. 28, 2003)