Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G 35 Conversion?

1911vm

This is all very interesting. I have considered a 9mm barrel for my 35 but didn't know what to expect. Based on comments here it seems like it will work very well and I have nothing to lose by trying it. The ability to shoot 9mm would offer great flexibility and versatility.

Two questions though. Do the different cartridges shoot to the same point of aim or do they vary significantly? By that I mean 180 gr. .40 vs. 115 or 124 gr. 9mm. And would such a setup be legal for Production Division? In a match I'd shoot the .40, but it's nice to know just in case.

Dave Sinko

I shoot a G35 in SSP with a 180 gr bullet @ 770 fps. The 9mm load is a 125 gr lead bullet at 1050 fps. There is a slight difference in POA. Not enough to worry about. Some, not all, of the LWD 9mm conversion barrels shoot a little high. That is easily corrected with a file.

The 9mm barrel would not be legal in Production or SSP.

Edited by Joe D

• 3 weeks later...

I have decided to do this conversion. And why not? In these "troubling times" the ability to shoot 9mm is definitely a plus. I already bought some magazines and can cannibalize ejector and extractor components from my brother's old 19 if necessary or until I get my own parts. But where do you get the Storm Lake conversion barrels? I can't find one. And who actually makes the Lone Wolf barrel? These two seem to be about $100 cheaper than the competition and I wonder why.

Dave Sinko

Thank you every one for all the info I will be purchasing a 35 as soon as I find a good deal but I do have another question does 22 slide fit on the 35 frame?

thanks

Edited by 1911vm

The frames for the Glock models 17/17L/22/24/31/34/35/37 all come out of the same mold. They're identical; they only difference between model frames is caliber specific ejectors.

In that case can I just install a 35 or 22 slide on my 17?

Just my $.02, but I've got a G35 that came with a 9mm EFK Fire Dragon barrel. I've only swapped the barrel and used the 9mm mags (13 lb recoil spring). The first time it ran flawlessly. The second time it failed to eject about 10% of the time. It was a fun experiment, but I don't plan to toy with that barrel anymore unless I swap out the extractor and ejector for 9mm parts. It was pretty cool looking though with that long-a$$ barrel, Dawson Ice magwell, Dawson Basepads and my M3 light on the rail.

ymmv

splash