Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lets See Your Shotguns

Sunuva

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got all the bugs worked out and trashed out the POS barska for a Tasco PDP3 comp that has been 'bullet proofed'.

Also, switched out the tube for a +9 and now my little M2 20 gauge can start a stage with 14 rounds ready to go.

The target is from 50yds and I ended up doing 3 like that, I'd say she is ready for what ever I can do (which if I would ever practice, I might do ok at a match).

It did'nt do to bad on birds either.

post-2749-1184537870.jpg

post-2749-1184537856.jpg

This is probably a pretty naive question but hey....I am trying to learn. Are there any ill effects to the mag extension from blast by having it stick out in front of the barrel?

Also wanted to ask...what nordic mag tubes fit flush with the M2 24'' and 26'' barrels in 12 and 20 guage? I was set on 12 guage but you guys really have me considering the 20 now. I would like to get a mag tube extension that is the same length as the barrel without having to cut the barrel down.

This is probably a pretty naive question but hey....I am trying to learn. Are there any ill effects to the mag extension from blast by having it stick out in front of the barrel?

Also wanted to ask...what nordic mag tubes fit flush with the M2 24'' and 26'' barrels in 12 and 20 guage? I was set on 12 guage but you guys really have me considering the 20 now. I would like to get a mag tube extension that is the same length as the barrel without having to cut the barrel down.

+5 mag tube is flush with 21" (8+1 capacity)

+6 for 24" (9+1)

+7 for 26" (10+1)

Truth be known.....you could have a tube stick out 20" from the end of the barrel and not have any problems. Not that I've seen any that long, but I have seen 16 round tubes and THAT sticks out pretty darn far.

You may have some finish come off, and some powder residue build up......but thats it.

Tim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The bottom is my 1100 CM that I converted to an open gun. Replaced the 22" barrel with a 26" ported by Mag-na-port 5" from the muzzle. I was warned that it might short stroke and might need to open up the gas ports a bit. Will find out soon.

shotguns.jpg

barrel.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Ok... mine is DEFINITELY not in the same ranks as these, but.... I'm in hopes to eventually do some 3-gun matches. Waiting on my RRA AR to get back from Birdsong's now. Here is my ol' Benelli M1. No mods other than the extended tube and Birdsong's Green-T & Black-T finish on it. Just an FYI.... my AR will come back in Walter's new Brown-T & Tan-T finish!! I can't wait to see it. I'm lucky enough to live not far from him and get to go visit! :cheers:

post-13799-1207061854.jpg