Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's Your Personality Type?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually been administered this test several times by employers, and even health care professionals, and have had professional assessment of my responses. I am solidly INTJ, but on the introvert/extrovert section, I'm told I'm an introvert who has been trained to act like an extrovert. I do dislike crowds, and will avoid the wherever possible. However, if it's necessary, usually work-related, I'm capable of going out and howling with the wolves. Later, I often compensate myself by staying home for a day with no TV or radio in the background, and don't turn the lights on until I start bumping into the furniture. I always thought everybody lived this way.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
INTJ

Introvert(78%)

iNtuitive(25%)

Thinking(88%)

Judging(56%)

Has anyone analyzed why we are so far off the statistical norm for INTJ? Most of the other types are fairly close. Is it because we are shooters, competitors or internet forum users?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just re-took the Myers-Briggs after five years and scored as INTJ yet again. It reminded me of this old thread. INTJ is an extremely rare type, yet one that is perversive--the most commonly occrring--in this thread. Now that I have a bit more experience with USPSA (and related) shooting, I'm re-visiting why this might be. In my experience, I've found that other folks who I believe are INTJ or similar (such as INTP, another rare yet pervasive type in this survey) tend to be analytical and out-of-the-box thinkers/planners. When it comes to stage planning, oftentimes the plan that is "obvious to everyone" isn't the best plan, so I believe out-of-the-box thinkers will be somewhat more successful in this aspect of the game, which will result in them staying in the game vs. just giving it a passing try... and therefore becoming longterm members of this forum who take funky surveys like this one. Just thinking outloud and sharing...

• 3 years later...

ENTJ (2007)

ENTJ (2013)

ENTJ (2014)

INTJ (2016)

INFJ (2018)

I've taken this screening 5 times now and have had 5 different results over many years. Though it shows ENTJ for the first 3 tests, the percentages fluctuated wildly over those years. I sensed a personal evolution to a more serious and sensitive career direction happening, culminating with the position I now occupy in highly confidential and sensitive juvenile law.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...