Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's Your Personality Type?

Perceptually, Us H. Saps. run on a series of continua. A continuum of continua. ( number lines in a way) Too hot too cold? Too fast too slow? Too bright too dark? This test is a great way to look at the ultimate way we make our reality constructs. What do each of us "see". Having a brain like we do is kind of like having a Huge Craftsman roll away tool box that has locked drawers in it. Do you spend all your time using the stuff in the drawers you already have open or are you spending time trying to pick the locks on the ones that aren't available to you? It can be argued effectively that for any of us "reality" is an hallucination. We sense nothing directly. It's all about reflected radiation and interpretation of tactile data. All this is filtered through belief systems programmed into us by well meaning but possibly deluded adults when we were children. How do you test the fundamental belief systems you carry around for validity? Albert Einstein pointed out that most of the fish out there do not understand water. If you are one of the fish that gets the idea of water, can you remember the concept as you experience consciousness?

Train your weaknesses. You cannot IMAGINE what you will find in those drawers!!

I know of a scientist who intentionally does EVERYTHING in a days routine out of order EVERY day. Because of the fundamental way we fall into unconscious patterns. To remain fresh in his thinking and vision he intentionally forces himself to see the world from a different perspective!! Your kinesthetic environment effects the way your brain processes information.

In case it matters to anyone INTJ I consistently Run at 50/50 I, 50/50 N, 50/50 T.

"Hey Moe!!! whoop whoop whoop!!!" Wise guy HuH?"

Curly Joe Howard

Edited by redmanfixit

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
INFP here, by the way.

I perceive that my intuition is to feel bad for you , But I am too much and Introvert to tell you

INFP =me too

sorry

only 001% are INFP

<_< Funny I did the test again after two years and -Today- I got ISTJ not INFP :mellow:

Edited by AlamoShooter

• 2 months later...

Voted ISTP as that is what I have gotten in several tests, both done over the net and a paper version we did at work a couple of years ago, but I redid the test at humanmetrics and actually got a ISTJ result, but P is probably more correct.

I do work a bit to be more E then I and I think it works but deep down I'm still I of course. ST part might not be extremely strong, but on the other hand I never stray from it. And yes, I find this types of test interesting. :closedeyes:

When it comes to shooting I don't do very good at precision/bullseye shooting, but when the times get shorter I often get pretty good results. Maybe I should try IPSC...

• 1 month later...

INTJ

33, 25, 75, 67

Dan Aykroyd (The Blues Brothers)

William J. Bennett, "drug czar"

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Raymond Burr (Perry Mason, Ironsides)

Chevy Chase (Cornelius Crane) (Fletch)

:D :D :D

INTP or ISTP depending on the day/test, but the I and the T are both in the 70-80% range. Those never change.

I also read the description. The part about strictly adhering to my own set of rules, but not necessarily following the "system" fits me to a T.

I took a couple tests (personality and IQ) back in 1992 at the request of an acquaintance. I don't have the actual percentage breakdowns from that, but I do recall it was INTJ. I'm actually surprised at the pole that there are so many INTJs recorded because it is my understanding that we are a very small percentage of the population.

I'm actually surprised at the pole that there are so many INTJs recorded because it is my understanding that we are a very small percentage of the population.

I'm an INTJ as well... and it is funny that we're the largest scoring in this survey. Per D. Kiersey (whoever that is): "Masterminds are rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population, and they are rarely encountered outside their office, factory, school, or laboratory."

I guess this says something about who is attracted to this sport... or at least this forum!

The Keirsey Temperament Sorter®-II (KTS®-II)

http://www.keirsey.com/

From the wikipedia entry, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyers-Briggs

"Keirsey Temperaments

David W. Keirsey mapped four 'Temperaments' to the existing Myers-Briggs system groupings SP, SJ, NF and NT; this often results in confusion of the two theories. However, the Keirsey Temperament Sorter is not directly associated with the official Myers-Briggs Type Indicator."

I was INTJ (Blue) on the MBTI test I took in 2007. Just did the KTS-II test from the attached link and the result was ISTJ (Yellow). I guess some days I'm introspective and abstract while other days I'm observant and concrete.

Edited by Middle Man

• 2 months later...

I think we are not necessarily introverts when it comes to people of our own kind. Maybe we just don't like "normal" people. I know when my wife drags me to a dinner party, I'm miserable unless I can find the one or two other guys there who enjoy either cars or guns.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I think we are not necessarily introverts when it comes to people of our own kind. Maybe we just don't like "normal" people. I know when my wife drags me to a dinner party, I'm miserable unless I can find the one or two other guys there who enjoy either cars or guns.

Ditto for me... I'm ISTJ. And was puzzled with the 'I' a bit. I'm in sales and can yap with many people... however like you and others, put me in a room with a bunch of people I don't know- and I'm likely to disappear. I'd rather socialize in small groups. Crowds usually annoy me.

• 2 weeks later...