Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's Your Personality Type?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I'm an INTP. Would have posted sooner but you know how shy we introverts are....

Several years ago I asked Brian what he thought might be the best MBTI personality type for a combat pistol competitor, and he said INTP. That doesn't mean that any other personality type might not be able to excel, but INTP is a good natural fit with the demands of the game. For one thing, INTPs tend to not tunnel vision under stress. Each of the personality types, as you know, has a one- or two-word description that goes with it. Personally I've always thought of INTP as the "firefighter" personality. Not that that's any sort of official title, it's just what I came up with. In my experience, INTPs have a level of grace under pressure that actually can make them great firefighters, both the kind who put out actual fires, and the kind who put out "fires" in an office.

• 5 weeks later...

Your Type is

ISTP

Introverted 78

Sensing 38

Thinking 1

Perceiving 11

I find most of the statements intentionally vague, and wide open to interpretation. There were very few hard and fast answers for me, so I put my best guess in.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm an INTP. Would have posted sooner but you know how shy we introverts are....

Several years ago I asked Brian what he thought might be the best MBTI personality type for a combat pistol competitor, and he said INTP. That doesn't mean that any other personality type might not be able to excel, but INTP is a good natural fit with the demands of the game. For one thing, INTPs tend to not tunnel vision under stress. Each of the personality types, as you know, has a one- or two-word description that goes with it. Personally I've always thought of INTP as the "firefighter" personality. Not that that's any sort of official title, it's just what I came up with. In my experience, INTPs have a level of grace under pressure that actually can make them great firefighters, both the kind who put out actual fires, and the kind who put out "fires" in an office.

Duane,

I pretty sure I said ISTP. And I said pretty sure because I can't remember ever feeling any differently. All of my research on that came from Jonathon Niednagel's book, "Choose your best sport and play it." And then my comparisons of his obervations with my own.

Given sufficient inspiration and motivation, ISTP's tend to excel in sports requiring top-notch eye-hand coordination. Observing and acting on raw sense data, ST's have no peer. Then you add the "I" and you get an unusually confident person. Unusual in the sense that their confidence isn't natural, as it is with "E's" - their confidence comes from an intimate knowledge of their ability to execute their skills, which are often quite developed. And then the "P" quality gives them good spacial perception and a high degree of adaptability, both good things for an IPSC shooter.

As of my vote/post, I'm the only ISFP. I couldn't have voted ISFJ (then there would have been 2 ISFJ's.), but in my latter life I've become much more P than J. I'm also very on the fence with S/N. I tend to be S in situations that require critical action, and N when I have time for inspiration.

be

• 3 months later...

ISTJ but almost a INTJ

33% 1% 38% 56%

This is funny because I'm the NCOIC of quality control for a calibration lab in the USAF. So my job fits the ISTJ desription perfectly.

This stuff is like VOODOO or something. :surprise:

Edited by North

ISTJ but almost a INTJ

33% 1% 38% 56%

This is funny because I'm the NCOIC of quality control for a calibration lab in the USAF. So my job fits the ISTJ desription perfectly.

This stuff is like VOODOO or something. :surprise:

PMEL ;)

I'm a ISTJ, but the only one that is really set in stone was the T. The S and N were just about split 50/50. The I and J were really close to 50/50 too.

ESTP

I took the test over 20 years ago and it seems nothing has changed.

My employer packed me off to an "Intensive Executive Leadership"

program for a week. The MB personality sorter was one of 5 or 6

similar tests we took. There appeared to be plenty of supporting data

for the result of the MB test.

We were given the book "Please Understand Me" which includes the MB

test and includes in depth discussion that is useful in interpreting your

personality profile.

See, if you were an ISTP you would have waited till after taking the test to vote. ;)

Very true

On the DISC type system I'm a SCdi

AAAAH. I almost brought up DISC in my response. We use that exclusively in OSI. I'm a 98%D with a high C and almost catatonic I and S. It seems that I just don't like others enough to be the life of the party, but I'll be damned if I want anyone but me in charge :D .