Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mercury Recoil Rod

Guest nmchenry

Most people seem to disagree, but in light framed guns such as Sigs, Glocks, and Berettas...

I actually notice more of a difference in my heavier single stack .45 than in my lighter Berretta. Dave Olhasso uses a very strong grip on the gun, where I use a very loose grip. This will certainly change your results.

• 3 years later...

I have one in my .40 1911 carry gun. Don't know if it helps but it looks good in my long list of trick parts in the gun... :D

My gun "seems" to shoot with a little less flip/recoil than other Officer grip length - Commander barrel length single stacks I have shot. I really don't care if it's real or just perceived. Makes me happy....

I have two of the Haarts rods. One for a 1911 and one for a SIG P220/226.

I notice a difference in the 1911 and P220 (both 45s) but not much in the 9mm P226. In the 45s, it seems to soften the felt bottoming of the slide when fully open. With the 9mm, I can barely tell the difference.

I tried the Haarts in my 9mm Para P18 and got similar results to the 9mm SIG. Not much difference.

Craig

• 2 months later...

I have one of these.

Can't really tell a difference except with full power 230 grain loads. (But that's what the manufacturer claims.) There is a slight but definite spongy feel with it in the gun. Without, recoil seems a little sharper, mabe 10% or so. Anyway, it is enough that I can feel the difference.

OS