Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Longwitz Sl Speedloaders Groupbuy

wolfie40cal

I have finally made contact with the factory in Germany. Got a charming e-mail from a Ms. Evelyn Longwitz. I am contemplating putting a order together. If I order 500 Euro's worth (whatever the hell that is) shipping is free.

I'm doing this to get some 44 mag speedloaders. Anybody else out there interested in going in with me? You'll have whatever I have in it, plus some shipping and gas money (minimal).

Curt Nichols

http://www.longwitz.de/shop/english_docs/s...nichols@cox.net

Curt - The "word on the street" is that they wouldn't ship to the US, for unknown reasons. If that's wrong, I'll take three for my M27 and M28, and three for my M21.

500 euros is about $600. The cheapest way to pay is by plastic; if you try to get an international money order, bring Vaseline with you to the bank.

ETA: That's three 275Ms, and three 277s.

Edited by revchuck

I would take 5 with handles for 45 Autorim it is number 277 provided the price is not over $30 each to me. This will allow me to shoot my 625 in SSR at 125PF :)

I am glad they have changed their mind. I had contacted them a year ago and got a very abrupt no to exporting to US.

THIS SITE shows the models.

Regards,

Edited by Round_Gun_Shooter

Curt, I'll take 3 of the 275C and 3 of the 277, with the handles of course. :) Any idea on the order time? I'm planning on shooting Badlands so I could pick them up if you have them by then. If not, we can figure out something

According to the currency calculator, it's about $1.32 to a euro. For the N frames, it's about $33 each

Jerry

Edited by COF

Jerry (COF) - If you need 234 (K frame) or 252 (L Frame) ones for the Badlands you can use mine. I'll have both sizes with me. I'm using the 252s in ESR.

Jerry (Glocktogo) - don't try them - they're aweful. Stick with your skeletonized Comp IIIs - honest.

Gary (RGS) - Curt's a charmer - He could sell ice to Eskimo's. I do not need all (5) handles on the 252s you sent me. If you want a few handles back let me know. We'll square up in April @ Havard. Did you know how easy it is to make 165PF with 300 gr bullets out of a 6" barrel on a 43 oz gun?

Curt - Way to go, dude!

Craig

Edited by Bones

Craig, I'm all set with my "Bill Nesbitt Specials" :) for SSR. I actually used my non-modified Comp-3's Sunday because I left my loading block at home and I couldn't tell much difference in the reload - of course you probably could have timed it with a sun dial...

I'm interested in trying some for shooting some 125 PF toad fart loads out of my 25-5 Mountain Gun. Now all I have to do is find some 300 gr RN bullets. I've got some .45AR brass laying around so I figured I'd try some of those while I was at it.

Jerry

Jerry (COF) -

Gary (RGS) - Curt's a charmer - He could sell ice to Eskimo's. I do not need all (5) handles on the 252s you sent me. If you want a few handles back let me know. We'll square up in April @ Havard. Did you know how easy it is to make 165PF with 300 gr bullets out of a 6" barrel on a 43 oz gun?

Craig

I have handles on everything so far so I am set unless he makes this buy. I really want to shoot ssr with the 625 and Auto Rim :)

See you at Hahvid

I would like to get 3 of # 277 with handles for my 625 .45 Autorim.

Would be easier for Bones to convince me and Gary to shoot in SSR.

Regards,

Gene

Gene,

You & Gary sign up for the 07 CT State in SSR and I'll loan you the handles- and the 45 AR brass if you need some. I think you wil dissappointed with the system as a whole. There's a reason K & L frames in 38 caliber dominate that division.

Craig

Edited by Bones

I would like to get 3 of # 277 with handles for my 625 .45 Autorim.

Would be easier for Bones to convince me and Gary to shoot in SSR.

Regards,

Gene

Gene,

You & Gary sign up for the 07 CT State in SSR and I'll loan you the handles- and the 45 AR brass if you need some. I think you wil dissappointed with the system as a whole. There's a reason K & L frames in 38 caliber dominate that division.

Craig

If Gene wants to shoot SSR He can use my 4" 66-1. I am still shooting ESR as long as my hands will take it. If they stiffen up any more. I will have to change to SSP. 9MM is a little easier on them and I don't have to reload so much.

Curt,

I was in the rush to catch your train with staff I have on my wish list, so completely forgot to bring up my appreciation to you taking efforts of putting it all together.

I'd like to add an additional 3 speedloaders with handles #277 for 625 .45 AR.

Which makes it total of 6 Speedloaders/handles for me.

Do you have any "order count" as of today?

Any tentative dates?

Regards,

Gene

Edited by Hipobrow

Not to pop any bubbles, just something to think about. To shoot 45autorim , you can have very little if any chamfer to cyl, case dia. .476 outside , dia of autorim is .516 this is a total of .040 over lap (.020 on each side of the chamber). With agressive cyl. chamfer , cartrige will fall into cylinder bore causing excessive headspace I believe is the term. Possibly a spare cyl that's stock or VERY SLIGHT edge relief of chamber? just a thought. Responses very welcome. I really like the idea of using my 625 for both classes (ESR & SSR).

Edited by granderojo

Responses very welcome. I really like the idea of using my 625 for both classes (ESR & SSR).

The idea is more appealing than the reality. The 45 AR/Speedloader system will work for SSR but not very well. I speak from experience. 45 AR is too short a cartridge to work reliably with speedloaders.

My reccomendation is you take the money you'd spend on AR brass and parts to reconfigure your gun & reloading machine, etc. and buy a nice Model 15 and a few K frame speedloaders for $250 and shoot a few local matches using store bought 38 ammo (blasphemey, yes I know). If you like it, buy the 38 Special dies and reconfigure your reloading machine. You can reload 38s for half the price of 45s. If not, you will easily recoup your money should you change your mind. Finding a buyer for the other system will not be as easy, especially when you try to explain why you're selling what seems like such an appealing idea.

Good luck in SSR no matter which you choose -

Craig

That's 49 so far, over 1,000 euros, plus some of us want handles. Now we just have to pony up. We've made the minumum - Curt ought to try to talk them into a volume discount. :D

You can reload 38s for half the price of 45s.
Yup - brass about $20-25/k, lead bullets about $35-50/k. And the brass hounds don't pick up .38 Special...