Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2007 Nationals

Patrick Sweeney

To clarify, the slot I got was one of those allotted to the clubs in our section based on USPSA activity levels. It wasn't because I won a Sectional or Area match in Revolver. My club got one activity slot, which they were going to give to me. But it was specified for the Open/L10 Nationals, and it wasn't transferrable to the Ltd/Pro/Rev Nationals.

As I understand it, these "activity" slots get allocated first by the clubs that earn the slot. If they don't use them, they turn them in to the section coordinator, who distributes them based on participation at local matches and requests from members interested in going to the various nationals in that year. And if they don't get requested, allocated to someone in our section, or mailed in by the deadline for that 'National' match, then they revert back to headquarters to be distributed to those on the wait list.

I had put in my request to the section coordinator before the wait list opened, and he didn't know if he'd have slots to allocate until after the wait list opened, so he recommended getting on that list, too. That's how I was #103 on the wait list. Now that I got the activity slot and sent in the paperwork, they'll take my name off the list and everybody further down gets moved up a slot.

The major movement for our national won't happen until the deadline for using these slots, which was the first week in July. I sent mine in early, hoping to get more information about the activities at the match for planning purposes.

OK, now that I'm definite for Tulsa, I've got some questions. I want to make plane and hotel reservations, but all I know is the scheduled dates are Sept 9-12, with the 13th as "a makeup day for weather or other delays".

Does that mean we have to be at some registration meeting on the evening of Saturday Sept 8th? Is there going to be a formal shootoff on the 12th, or on the 13th? Final dinner and prize awards on the 12th or the 13th, and at what time?

There doesn't appear to be any more information on the USPSA website. Anybody?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

{snip}

Welcome to that place between the darkness and the light, between the known and the unknown, a place we call THE TWILIGHT ZONE.

(cue music)

:P

Hey Doug, how could you have been 11 on the list, when I am 11 on the list?

'Will the real Number 11 please stand up'.

By the way are you going to be at the IA Sect? I'm shooting on Fri. and RO'ing on Sat. will talk to you there if you can make it.

OK, now that I'm definite for Tulsa, I've got some questions. I want to make plane and hotel reservations, but all I know is the scheduled dates are Sept 9-12, with the 13th as "a makeup day for weather or other delays".

Does that mean we have to be at some registration meeting on the evening of Saturday Sept 8th? Is there going to be a formal shootoff on the 12th, or on the 13th? Final dinner and prize awards on the 12th or the 13th, and at what time?

Registration will be on the morning of the 9th, with everybody shooting in the afternoon on the 9th. See the squad schedule for the Open--it's going to be about the same thing. (And, just FYI, the Open is coming up, so that's where most of our focus is right now). There will be no shoot offs, and the 13th will be used as a turnaround day prior to the subsequent WS Qualifier. Awards and prizes (no dinner, but some sort of snack) will be in the evening of the 12th. Don't know what time yet, but it will probably start at 1700-1800, no later than 1900.

Hope this helps.

Troy

{snip}

Hope this helps.

Troy

It does! You da Man! B)

Hey Doug, how could you have been 11 on the list, when I am 11 on the list?

'Will the real Number 11 please stand up'.

By the way are you going to be at the IA Sect? I'm shooting on Fri. and RO'ing on Sat. will talk to you there if you can make it.

Guess you aren't number 11 either any more. :rolleyes:

Registration will be on the morning of the 9th, with everybody shooting in the afternoon on the 9th. See the squad schedule for the Open--it's going to be about the same thing. (And, just FYI, the Open is coming up, so that's where most of our focus is right now). There will be no shoot offs, and the 13th will be used as a turnaround day prior to the subsequent WS Qualifier. Awards and prizes (no dinner, but some sort of snack) will be in the evening of the 12th. Don't know what time yet, but it will probably start at 1700-1800, no later than 1900.

Hope this helps.

Troy

Thanks! I did find the registration time on the Slot carbon copy, so knowing about the ending events will let me block out my travel schedule.

Ken,

I know that I am #1 in your hearts and in your programs.

And moving up by the minute. You gonna be "A" class by September?

Jim, to us you will always have no class...

Since it's going to be the Glock family honeymoon, is anyone else thinking Shivaree??? :huh:

Sounds like the end of a beautiful relationship... ;)

Cliff,

Coming from you I regard that as high praise.

I challenge you to beers at 5 paces in Sept. I choose WM as my second. :blink:

So, Colt 45/45's for two. At the sound of the buzzer twist, turn and draw.

Colt 45

Alcohol Content: 5.61%

AKA: Billy Dog, Billy D Juice.

Rep: The grand daddy of malt liquors.

“Works every time,” as Billy Dee Williams liked to say, but works at doing what? Notorious for green batches, three different samples revealed the same result: flat, skunky and raw. This is what the President of MADD suspects malt liquor tastes like and if you want to experience the dark side of malt liquor, jump on this evil bronco.

Aesthetics: The label has changed very little since it hit the market in the 60s, and why should it? To some people it’s as recognizable and comforting as Aunt Jemima.

Trivia: Though it’s militant moniker refers to the fact it once came in a 45 ounce bottle and gives a bigger “bang” for the buck, Colt .45 has always been careful to never show a gun in their advertising, so they won’t be sued by Colt Firearms, maker of the famed Colt .45 pistol.

Our accomodations at the luxurious Best Western Airport will stand. I looked it up and we are only 8 miles away on the same highway.

Even though the match hotel looks nice, I think I will keep the $114 difference.

Besides it will probably be the second most secure hotel in the city. ;)

Kim - When do you predict that more information will be forthcoming. Before you get swamped thanks for all of your hard work.

Our accomodations at the luxurious Best Western Airport will stand. I looked it up and we are only 8 miles away on the same highway.

Even though the match hotel looks nice, I think I will keep the $114 difference.

Besides it will probably be the second most secure hotel in the city. ;)

Kim - When do you predict that more information will be forthcoming. Before you get swamped thanks for all of your hard work.

I stayed at the Best Western Airport overnight for a seminar in Tulsa two weeks ago. "Luxurious" is a stretch, but it seemed a good value for the price.

We are staying at the Residence Inn. It is a little further away but it's just like a little apartment with a kitchen and everything! Free breakfast, free snacks in the evening. A little more pricey but worth it for me to beable cook food instead of having to eat out all the time. And better for me too!!!

Edited by glockaholic

A little more pricey but worth it for me to beable cook food instead of having to eat out all the time. And better for me too!!!

Hear that REVOLEROS...Glockaholic is doing the cooking!!! Party at their place!!! He-He. :lol:

Good news! I hear rumors that my wheelgun will be finished in time for the Nationals. That's right, an actual trigger job. My god, I may even practice this year.

Isn't "practicing" a form of unsportsman like conduct? <_<