Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Older Bushnell Holosight Need New Reticle.

slidelock1

I have an older Holosight with a diamond-shaped replaceable reticle and would like to purchase the standard circle-with-a-dot reticle. Bushnell will not give me any information as to whether or not this is possible or how much the cost would be if it were possible. They just want me to send the sight in to them and they'll get back to me.

Has anybody got any ideas?

I have seen the reticles for sale on E-bay from time to time and they can easily be changed by removing one small screw. I have several different reticles and 3 of the scopes. The circle & dot recticle was the "standard" that came with every new scope so there should be plenty of them around.

It really doesn't sound like the person you talked with at Bushnell really knew what you were asking for. All you need is the (user replacable) reticle. I can't see sending it off to them for that.

As mentioned, Eotech made those anyway, I believe.

post-690-1172860728.gif

Slidelock1,

Send me a pm with your address, I've got one I'll send you.

Tony

Way to go Tony! :) One of BUSHNELL's WILD BUNCH.

FWIW, I designed my own reticle for the 1st Gen HOLOsight and I use it for Bianchi, as do several other shooters. At significant expense, EOtech made it for me. I have sold about 175 of them. The MJ Custom reticle is a diamond shape (taller than width) which brackets the NRA D-1, NRA AP-1 at 50 yds. It also has mover dots at 9 and 3 oclock outside the diamond image for shooting the Bianchi Mover. No adjustments, no brain farts, just put dot in middlle of target and there is the lead.

BTW, I have some limited parts for the old HOLOsights as I purchased remaining stock of misc. stuff from EOtech several years ago. I have a bunch of the standard reticles, a few of the 15 & 20 MOA Diamonds and some of the MJ Custom Reticles. I also have battery caps, which are a common reason why what appear to be fine Gen 1 HOLOs do not work.

Martin J.

• 13 years later...
  • 2 years later...