Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Now if anyone can direct me to a weekly match in the Spokane area, I'd appreciate it.  I tried contacting Mark Morris about the local scene, but no response.

It sucks living in the sticks....:(

TDean,

Have you tried getting in touch with anyone out at Fernan?  Two names that may or may not be of any help are Bob Smith (the guy who started the range) and Les Larsen (a guy I used to know who shot IPSC out there).  The Sharp Shooting indoor range (in Spokane proper) may also be privy to local matches in the area.

Unfortunately I don't have any phone #'s for these guys anymore.  When I lived there, Bob was trying to start up some IDPA-like matches, but I don't know what ever became of it.  

Regards,

Eric

Erik, I just kicked off my shoes after getting back form SharpShooting's monthly indoor match.  They and Fernan are the only action around here, other than the Tri-Cities area (3-hour drive one way).  My contact at Fernan is a guy named Alex.  They're closed until April due to snow.  

Even though SharpShooting's match is a far cry from what I'm used to in the Seattle area, there are a couple good shooters.  Adam Sahlberg (Son of USPAS's Bill Sahlberg) is an outstanding juinor Open blaster.

Thank goodness airfare is $40 each way to Seattle, so I can tangle with a few GMs a time or two per year.

TDean,

It's a shame, somebody needs to get something going in Spokane.  Spokamo probably has the highest gun to people density in Washington, but the least amount of organized shooting.  

We'll have to meet up at the GSSF match this summer.  I'll be there for sure.  

E