Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2001 Nationals

DT,

The minds were somewhere else. Lots of people couldn't make it and some of us were day to day as to whether leave was going to be cancelled. I was on alert until the day before I left. Everybody was calling home and checking news casts and stock reports. The weather came in hard and messed up some ranges also. I think alot of people were still walking around with the "Holy shit, I can't believe what just happened look" It was my first Nationals and probably last for a few years. New baby on the way for next summer so Shooting will get replaced by diaper duties. I thought the match ran fairly well. The RO's were overall pretty good. The vendors seemed to be lacking. The food was fair. The transportation sucked. The parking lots were a mudhole from the rain so the parking was streched out along the road. Made for some nice long humps to the ranges. I had the chance to meet Pat, Eric, TGO and a bunch of good guys. My squib that cost me "C" class really sucked. 2nd place, first loser. Hope that answers your question.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my Front Sight magazine - I'm curious - why wasn't lim-10 singled out?

Has anyone heard if it is going to have its own nationals? That would be awesome - it'd be the only match I would shoot.

Also - I am assuming Sharon "Edington" got re-married?? Speaking of which - apparently Merle didn't shoot . . .

Anyhow - I'm out of town most of Jan. So I'll talk to you guys when I can.

JB

Hey Jack,

I agree, if the Lim 10 had its own Nationals, that would be awesome.

I was thinking along the same lines as you about Sharon "Edington" Zaffiro?? As far as I know, Merle or Sharon haven't shot in several years. I try to keep a pretty good eye on the major match results and they haven't been in ANY of them for several years. I shoot in the Southeast at matches they would definitely be at if they were shooting and haven't seen or heard of them in a long while. I'm not sure what made them stop/quit shooting.

I didn't know anything about the divorce?? or remarry thing though. If that's the case, it really shocked me.

Limited 10 should be run together with the Limited Nationals. They are mutually exclusive divisions, so it makes sense to run them together.

I was gonna say USPSA should break out Production and possibly Revolver and hold them in conjunction with the Open Nationals. But there isn't enough participation in those divisions to drag down the Limited/L10 event. There are a lot of people with no interest in Open who could be tempted to shoot Production at that match.

Quote: from Erik Warren on 12:56 pm on Jan. 2, 2002

I was gonna say USPSA should break out Production and possibly Revolver and hold them in conjunction with the Open Nationals. There are a lot of people with no interest in Open who could be tempted to shoot Production at that match.

I think that is a good idea. I would be very tempted. I have very little interest in Open at this time and it would be very cool to shoot both matches.