Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

West Coast Trophy Challenge Match

February 23rd - West Coast Trophy Challenge Match - hosted by Norco Running Gun,

Norco, CA.  Jojo Vidanes - (909) 738-8248.  Saturday Only - Open, Limited, Limited 10, Production -

8 Stages - 300 Rounds Plus.  $50.00 Match Fee.  View or print Match Flyer & Registration.

Directions to the range (Norco, CA). The matches are held at "Mike Raahauge Range" which hosts sporting clays and the "end of the trail" cowboy get together. Travel east on 91 to Lincoln or N. Main. Lincoln or N. Main to River. Follow River through town and across a bridge. Left turn at the Archibald and River crossing and then follow the signs to the range.

This is off the area two web page Jojo and Regi Camposagrado run the regular Saturday matches out at Norco, and will be running the trophy match.  It sounds like one day only.  Here is Jojo's email address jvidanes@aol.com, and if you want to email Regi bigipschoser@yahoo.com.

• 1 month later...

WOW!  WOW!  WOW!

Whadda match!

WOW!  That's really all I can say :-)  340+ rounds, 8 stages, 147 shooters, 1 damn day!  More than a couple shooters finished this one by headlights!  

I'm tired!  I have muscle aches in places I didn't even know I HAD muscles.  And if someone said they were doing it again tomorrow, I'd be there!

The stages were awesome!  54 rounds of house clearing madness - you just can not beat that.  That was the highest round count, the smallest was 40!

Our squad pretty much cleaned up Limit - we had the 1st M, A (David!), B and D shooters!  

Yours truly finished 3rd in C Class and I'm so happy with that you just can't imagine.  In 340+ rounds, I only had 1 miss.  

So... if you see this one come up again next year, ya gotta come shoot it!

Ouch told you it would hurt.  My hands were sore Sunday.  I tried to shoot a match on Sunday, but left early as I was wasted.  Of course I had to run off to work right after shooting was done Saturday, and a few hours later on Sunday.   While I enjoyed the match and the squad I ended up with, I was over whelmed.  I thought the round count was ridiculous, and the skills needed to do well in the match where Norco specific (hose away boys and girls).  And I shoot there most weekends.  Lately we have been doing a lot more long range shooting on stages with some close blasting, and I have been enjoying the challenge of that transition.  On Saturday everything was close and fast.  

Third limited 10...of eight shooters I really blew two stages :(