Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Welcome to the EAA / Tanfoglio Online Store

sinnsyk

Welcome

First of all a big thank you to Brian and the world's greatest shooting forum. As Tanfoglio enthusiasts we now have our own forum to chat to our hearts content about Tanfoglio or EAA Witness as it's called here in the US. This forum is open to any discussion on the different pistol models and accessories that relates to them. Besides helping you getting the parts and accessories you need, it is a place to ask and get questions answered. If you have any questions about the guns, parts, modifications, holsters, sights, mounts this is the place. In addition you will find information on my website, pictures of my guns, videos from competitions etc.

Background

I started shooting my first Tanfoglio pistol in '92. It was a 9x19 major w/ Aimpoint scope for open class. In '95 I switched to 38 super when they came out with their large frames. The guns have constantly been improved over the years and continues to stay in touch with the competitive edge we're all looking for. Based on input from Team Tanfoglio (Eric Grauffel, Johan Hansen, myself) and other Tanfoglio shooters around the world we have state-of-the-art pistols that perform and very often out-perform it's competition. Today, my favorite model is the Limited 40 s&w which holds 21 + 1 rounds in the 140mm magazines! The all-steel gun/frame is in my opinion the optimal setup to absorb the recoil in a major caliber pistol.

Henning's Shop

My webshop is officially opened as of today. I have all the factory parts including all the itty-bitty screws, pins, springs, magazine upgrades to make your gun hold 21 rounds in .40S&W, scope mounts etc. Holsters for both open, limited, stock and match models will be available, plus tuning parts to bring your gun to the same specs I use in competition.

And, suggestions are always welcome. Bring 'em on!

Welcome to the Tanfoglio Forum!

Henning Wallgren

Edited by sinnsyk

cool!

I want to play in open, but I'm not going to spend 4K on a pistol. What you would recommend in a Tangfoglio?

Price is a factor, but so is reliability of course. Also, any input on how hard it is to jump from an S_I platform to a Tangfoglio and back? I don't think I'd shoot exclusively limited or open, but depending on the match, etc I'd like to have the option to shoot whichever I choose.

Thoughts?

Thanks!!

Hey

Thanks for all the positive feedback. I've had a lot of fun building the site and the shop. It's taken quite a bit of time, but it's cool because I can build it exactly the way I want it. No restrictions like a typical os-commerce shop. With your feedback I'll make it even nicer in the time to come.

Technical Info, tips & tricks is definitely going to have it's own section on my site. I'm going to do short video-clips of "how-to" on the Tanfoglio. I know especially for putting the trigger-system back in, there is a neat trick that is simple, but if you have no idea it'll take you forever to figure it out. There's no need to re-invent the wheel for every new Tanfoglio shooter so let's share our experiences. Anything you have troubles with or questions about, let me know and I'll put it in my tech sections (not existing at the moment, but coming very very soon).

Ramiro, I've answered your question and gave it it's own thread:

Base-pads Ipsc, 140mm And 170mm Mag Capacity, the scope on mags and pads

CatFish, same for you:

Switching Back/forth Between Tanfoglio And Sti/svi, how hard is it to jump from one to the other?

Henning,

A big thank you for setting up this forum and opening a shop to offer Tanfoglio competition ready accessories! I am a moderator on the CZ Forum Clone Club, and questions about gear for competition use often go without good answers. Those of us that shoot the guns have had to improvise. I help when I can, but don't remotely have your knowledge. I will look forward to your advise on this forum, and hope you don't mind if I post a link to it and your store on the Clone Club.

By the way Marc Galli sends his regards. I work for him as the online rep for DSA at the Fal Files.

;)

Thanks again!

John Howard

Hey John,

Anything you need and I'll help out the best I can. Feel free to check out the Tech Section on my site as well. The Tech Section will continue to grow to a technical library to help shooters. Feel free to link to my site.

And give Marc my regards ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad you are here! There is something about the Witness Pistols that I like. Lets see could it be they are the only CZ type pistol in 10MM since the Bren Ten? <_< Maybe so. Let us know when you get a supply of G-Code Holsters in as I do want one. Also I'ld like to discuss a special part with you. As you know EGW makes a flat bottom firingpin stop that many people use in 10MM 1911s' to slow unlocking and speed of the slide. For Competition and for us crazy 10MM lovers it would be a great part. I would buy several myself and I'm sure others would too.

Welcome Henning !!!!

I own three, one small frame "Limited" .40 SA (circa 2001), an original, gunsmith owned and tuned, mid 1980's Witness which came with both in sa/da .40 and a new Stock 9mm Elite, worked with within contraints of PD, trigger and function: DR Middlebrooks, parts: DR and Eric Gauffel.

Henning, Are you able to get all parts from the Italian Tanfoglio "on line store" ??

Thanks,

Jon

Gary,

Great G-Code holsters are in the works. I talked to them last week and they stipulated 2-3 weeks before I see them. As soon as I do they will be available on the store.

Send me a private email on the slide stop or try calling me at (720) 352-1080 and tell me more about the firing pin stop. I'll get with EGW on it.

Jon,

I can pretty much get anything. So far I've mainly focused on the big frame parts. Some cross over, but if I see a need and help for small frame parts I'll take care of it. I should be pretty well connected.... so let me know what you want and I'll check with the factory.

• 2 weeks later...

Gary,

I've got several guns on order from EAA. This includes Limited 40's, Gold Team 38's and Hunter 10mm. You can get anything you want through me, but other models will have to be first ordered from EAA and then shipped out to you. With 5 models to choose from and 4-5 different caliber options of each one it's too much for me stock everything at this time. Seems as the supply from Italy is limited so if there's anything in particular you are interested in, you should contact me by email and I'll get it on order for you. My gun pages are 99% finished and I can send you to them if you drop me and email. I've decided not to make them official as of yet. I want to get a little more input from EAA on when the guns are going to come in.

Ghost holsters are now available on the site. G-Code not yet. I've got an order in with them and just waiting for them to get their act together.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I don't know, but I don't think so. The Hunter model was designed for the 6" hunting market and not for competition. But now that Tanfoglio has a true 6" slide there's nothing stopping them in making a 6" lightened competition version if there's a demand for it. I don't think you'd want to shoot a full-weight 6" slide in 40 S&W. Give it a little bit of time to get the new Hunter 10's in and let's just see how things develop. I've got several Hunter 10's on order just because I think they are super cool.

• 5 months later...
wooo hooo! I'm IN :P Now you guys (& gals) won't get me confused w/sinnsyk when I'm minding the shop!

Good to see a new member, now you're in the BEnoverse, are we going to see you at a match ? We're all pretty friendly in Colorado, some of us are even house-trained :rolleyes:

I've been to a couple matches in Weld county I think, & go to the Boulder range once in a while. I've been to more matches throughout the country rather than in CO, but that's definitely decreased since I returned to college for a second time. I'd certainly like to visit more matches. I like the traveling, match atmosphere & people I meet. I usually act as Henning's photographer too.

wooo hooo! I'm IN :P Now you guys (& gals) won't get me confused w/sinnsyk when I'm minding the shop!

With an avatar like that there is no way in hell we could confuse you with Henning. :D

yeah, henning doesn't smoke. :)

(but neither do I). She's got a cig hanging outta her mouth.