Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2002 IDPA Winter Nationals

NIK,

I'll be there shooting it in ESP Expert class on thursday.

I shoot the local club matches at the Shooting Sports Center were the winter national is being held. For your info there is going to be at least one dark stage at the WN so bring your flashlight! Also it looks like they will allow M3 or other weapon mounted lights at this match. Myself and several other shooters used them at the last local match and we still got beat by someone using a hand held model. I heard that they got the OK for this for the WN from IDPA headquarters. The only rule I know of so far is that the light attached to the pistol has to fit in the size check box which will be in use at the match. The rule book really doesn't say much about flashlights so they leave it up to the powers that be at the match level.

Good Shooting!

Well the powers that be changed their minds again about allowing M3 lights to be used at this match.

M3's will be allowed but can only be held in the hand and not mounted to the gun. Also there will be at least 3 or 4 night/low light stages at this match.

Good luck!

Wow,  and to think I read it here bfore the call from S&W!  This forum is the coolest.  Well, that was a totally unexpected bonus...... first match I've made a profit on.  Does this revoke my amateur status?  

Kyle,

You should be next....