Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alabama State Championship

I'll be there.  I'm in squad 4 at the moment (which is full) but there is a possibility that could change.  Seems a couple local guys signed up late and requested being squadded with me.  I told the match director that he was welcome to move me or whatever was most convenient for him.  Haven't heard back yet...

Chris, you're in RO Squad 22 (I had to look mine up so I figured I would post yours).

John, any idea on your squad # yet?

(Edited by DBChaffin at 10:30 am on April 3, 2002)

DB,

I'm on 8. Most of the people on 8 are from the GA area and I shoot with them all the time. Chris is shooting the State IDPA match Saturday, thats why he is on the RO squad.

I don't see a "Chaffin" on squad 4 (or anywhere else for that matter)?

I look foward to meeting and putting some faces on you guys.  

I think Jon has done a great job on his site. Never saw so much pre-match info!

The side match should be interesting. 1 miss and yur dead..... gotta luv it.

DB,

You sound like me. I know what I'll be wearing too...lol

Probably be in the GA State Match (grey) shirt and a sweat stained, red South River Gun Club hat

Great match and even greater range and people. This is one of the nicest ranges I have been on. I wish I could be a member there. The match was challenging with the hardest shot being 4 plates at the end of a field course, at 30 yards. Max M won open, David Sevigny LIMITED. Supposed to rain all day Sat and was 75 degrees and partly sunny. I really enjoyed it and would return to shoot next year.

(Edited by BSeevers at 6:52 am on April 15, 2002)

Alabama always puts on a good match and this year was no exception.  There were around 118 shooters this year (48 open, 40 limited, 15 Lim-10 and 14 production).  Interesting to see the gap close at this match between the number of Lim-10 and production competitors.  Match was changed from a two day (Saturday/Sunday) to a Saturday format (ROs and IDPA competitors shot on Friday) and everything was finished and awards given out by 6 pm.  John Rasmussen won Lim-10 overall and A.J. McCartney was high overall in production division.  Congrats to John, A.J., David, and Max Jr.  Results are here: http://www.foprangeinc.com/match_results1.htm

(Edited by Shooter Grrl at 6:41 am on April 15, 2002)

(Edited by cpty1 at 6:22 am on April 15, 2002)

(Edited by cpty1 at 6:24 am on April 15, 2002)

It was a fun match.  Some of us didn't do as well as others.  Personally, my mind wasn't where it needed to be when it needed to be . . .  maybe next time.  

Congrats to Bill Seevers on his 2nd A Open finish and Chris Patty on his 2nd Limited 10 finish.  Sorry I didn't get to meet either of you guys...  

I didn't get to meet anyone this weekend and really didn't even have time to visit with or talk to people I already knew unless they happened to be on my squad.  Shooting both matches made for a very hectic weekend.  Especially since I left the IDPA match after shooting my last stage on Saturday, thinking I could get back to Pleasant Grove before the awards ceremony; which I arrived in the middle of.  Maybe some of us can get together at Area 6.  We should have more time there.  

Guest razzman

One heck of a great match. I wish they all would run that smoothly--and in 1 day! Both myself (John Rasmussen) and Shepard B. will be at Area 6. See ya all there..