Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2002 3-Gun Nationals

I'm planning on going and it will be my first Big Match! My wife has relatives in Vegas and I am planning on shipping my guns to thier house to avoid travel hassels. I'm not sure how much ammo to plan on needing. If I arrived early will I be able to get any practice in before the match?

Is anybody else planning on going? Any interest in getting a "BE Forum" squad together?

I would love to go and hopefully I'll have a shotgun by then.  

The bad news is I live in Kalifornia and don't own a rifle.  Anyone willing to lone (limited baby limited)?

Speaking of this....buy (when funds come in cause I am a student you dig) a mini-14 here, or "borrow" an ar15 from the father-in-law who lives in Utah?  What are the other options?

• 1 month later...

Patrick, I've seen many people be very competitive with shotguns without optics shooting in Open.  A fiber optic sight on the end of the barrel can be just as fast with practice....   of course, you'll need speed loaders -

If your used to Optics on your rifle, the transition to iron sights at longer distances can be very discouraging, to say the least!

Just food for thought - I'd stick with Open, and shoot what you have.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oops!  In all the planning, I forgot a rental car.  (I've almost always driven to matches, but the haul from MI to Las Vegas is just too much to contemplate this time)

Anyone staying at Arizona Charlies, and looking to share the cost of a rental car?  If its three or four of us, we'll have to rent a U-Haul.