Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Euro Mediterranean Cup

• 4 weeks later...

That's it, the MedCup is over, three days of shooting, lots of rounds, lots of fun, but unfortunately it badly ends: Because of a software problem stats officers couldn't gave us the results in time .

It's not the fault of the people that set up the match, the conceptor of the progam locked it to 18 stages maximum, we shot 24 and he's the only one who have the codes to unlock it !

France is the only country in the world that does not use MSS !

Don't ask me why, I don't know

Despite this I had a great time shooting with Even, nice guy and he can really kick asses with his blaster !

Once again please tell your friends that the club is not responsible for this situation. In our matches, this is the federation that take charge of the stats.  

Now, they will have two different computers with MSS as a back up .

I hope to see you next year .

See you in South Africa

DVC

Julien :-)

Julien,

despite the fact that they could not produce any results, it was a fun match with good stages. I had a lot of fun shooting with Julien and the rest of the squad. But the result thing really put a scratch in the total impression. I also think they should have everything done in English in the future, especially when 16 nations were supposed to attend.

Both Jerome and Julien are great guys! Just meeting them made the trip worthwhile!  Julien also kick ass with his blaster, and if we ever see the final results, I’m sure you will see that he kicked mine.

I know the answer to why they don’t use MSS for scoring. It’s quite simple, they are French and very few in France speak or read/write English. MSS is only available in English…

Julien, we will meet again at the WSXIII, and hopefully will Detlef and Phil be there…

Even

Hey Even,

I think we'll set up intensive english courses for our ROs !

And now, we'll have a back up computer with MSS.

But, lots of people think that the problem was known since friday but no one told it to the club volontaries.

If they did, we would have put a second computer with MSS on Saturday morning and nothing would have ended that way .  

What about the pictures ?

See you soon

DVC

Julien

(Edited by Julien Boit at 7:27 am on May 22, 2002)

Glad to hear the match was nice.  Sorry to hear about the scoring.

Even...it was my impression (when I was in France) that some of the French could speak English very well...when they wanted to.  ;)

great to hear that you all had fun! I was so sad I could not go .... You know, there is a solution to them not speaking English there: Speak French (even my horrible school French always sufficed, stage briefings in English are usually completely incomprehensible..."...engage the bobbling cible with your faible hand ....." Huh? ...)!

--Detlef

• 2 weeks later...