Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello everyone.  I wanted to personally invite you all to come to Fredericksburg, Virginia for one of the most fun matches I have ever been a part of.  Last year's Summer Blast had no steel and all wide open targets.  I know...."That's boring!"  That's the same thing I thought.  BOY!  was I wrong.  Larry Houck (match director) is an incredibly talented stage designer.  He did things last year that most of us would never had thought of.  However, this year will have no such limitations.  The sky's the limit!  On the weekend of June 14-16, look forward to 10 stages, 200++ rounds shot in a half-day format in a great, shooter friendly atmosphere.  All for the price of only $65.00.  All money received will go the the FOP Charitible Foundation, so IT'S TAX DEDUCTABLE!!!  WOOOHHOOO!!   I know he has a great prize table that will be awarded by drawing.  Trophies will be made by the imcomparable Emanuel Bragg.  Hope to see you there.  

Phil Strader

(Edited by gmshtr at 7:02 am on April 30, 2002)

Hmmm - major match, major talent to compete against, and ITS FREE?? I think all matches should be tax deductable.  $65 off taxes - that leaves the cost of ammo and a night in a local hotel as the total cost of this match for out of town folks.  I'm in.

Douglas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

You can downlaod stages also.  I went to the USPSA site, Major Matches, and then Summer Blast.  There was a link to download the designs in Adobe.

They look like they should be FUN.

Tom

THS (aka Tom),

It was great being squadded with you at the Summer Blast; it was a pleasure watching you make that Limited gun purrr.  I hope we meet again at future matches.  

FYI: about 5 minutes after you left the lightening subsided and we finished stage 10 and then the chrono.  I was driving out of there at 6PM.  I chrono'd 180PF!!!!

Bill

Way to go Bill!  Watching you make a single stack .45 work made me wonder why I spent so much on a .40 cal fat gun that wont even function all the time.

For all the other forum members:  If you get a chance to shoot with Bill, take it.  He's a fine competitor and great example of what USPSA should be.

Damn good shooting bill.

Tom

Didn't I tell ya?  GREAT match, Great Stages.....a Blast!  Larry Houck (match director) is quickly building his reputation as an expert stage designer/builder.  Nothing fancy or complicated or gimicky.  Just smartly designed stages that were fun as hell to shoot.  Competitive shooters always seem to design great stages.  Example #2 will be the L10/Prod Area 8.  It's this weekend, and if you're not out of town, you should be, in Old Bridge NJ!  Stages designed by shooters!  PLUS Cash prizes, AND a pretty good prize table.  I only managed to get nine guns for the table this year.....sorry.  I've been pretty busy at work, as one can imagine.  

Phil