Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.223 Bullets

outerlimits

are you looking for ammo or bullets? ebay has bullets.

Trapr

Trapr

Are you looking for FMJ's??? They are very scarce, I can't imagine where they are all going, can you?

I just ordered 1m from Widener's, Remington 55 soft points. They had a lot in stock.

Good luck with components.

Dan

I picked up 6k of the pulled bullets from hi tech ammo before the new year as a hedge, and they shoot every bit as good as regular bullets and I was about to purchase another 3k from them but found they are completely out of stock now. I got an awesome deal on them, $31/k and then add shipping. I think for 6k bullets, I paid something like $210 shipped. They shipped em flat rate, 2 x ($8.10 + $93/3k).

At the time they had the heavier bullets in stock and wanted like $42/k. Since I shoot so little 3-gun, I should be good to go for a while. Everything else is expensive and quite scarce though occasionally I see Wolf ammo go on sale at ammoman.com or the Miwal distributor.

Vince

Butch,

Check all the usual places: Midway, Widener's, Powder Valley, Mid-South, Graf & Sons. Between them they should get ya done. If it's that bad, I suppose you could check Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops but that's usually $$$. Hop over to Reno and check out their gun shows too.

Rich

Butch,

Check all the usual places: Midway, Widener's, Powder Valley, Mid-South, Graf & Sons. Between them they should get ya done. If it's that bad, I suppose you could check Cabela's and Bass Pro Shops but that's usually $$$. Hop over to Reno and check out their gun shows too.

Rich

rich-every one of them is out of stock for old 55 fmj's. had to go to the more expensive hollow point hornadys, but at least they can be had-shame for the hoser stuff though.

Have you found 2230C recently??

Nope. I think that's all she wrote on A2230C. I bought 40 lbs of the stuff and I am on my last 1/2 8lb jug.

It's actually one of the reasons that I'm starting to use Wolf for close range ---- #1 the lack of Win 55's, #2 the lack of powder that's at $68/8 lb range and #3 the doubling of the cost of processed brass from Scharch.

That sucks about not getting the cheapy Winchster FMJ's. That's my super accurate plinker load out of my 18" rifle (.5 MOA all day) with W748 or H335 (doesn't really matter).

RS,

Try W748 or H335. I think they're the same as A2230 (or at least close enough not to matter much).

Rich

• 3 months later...