Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Speed Case Gauge

Mike Dame

Count me in for one.

This gives me an idea. Mount it low on my strong mount with a funnel above to guide the round into the the guage and a catch box below it. If you don't have many rejects, it could speed the whole process.

Here's some finished 40's (16 in total) no 38's yet, I'm waiting on tooling.

IMG_0489.jpg

check size is .423" the 38's will be .383"

Shipping was a bit more then I had thought so they will be $18 USD shipped(6-12days). Is every one cool with doing EMT's/e-mail interac?

Send me a PM with your details and I'll give you my e-mail if I have what you want ready, if not then I'll let you know how long it will be then contact you again when its ready to go out to set up the payment.

Thanks

UPDATED Feb 9 11:50pm

I have a paypal account now,they're going to ding me $1.70 on every unit so if you want to use paypall could you add that to you total please.

Also I will be giving them a black oxide finish now. The first 40's will be sent out on Tuesday afternoon.

Edited by Mike Dame

I can't seem to edit my last post's could a mod please delete them? I let myself get caught up in this and over stepped the forum boundries, i'm not sure if I'm going to fire out enough of these to make it worth becoming a dealer but If I do decide i'll put a post in this forum.

Thank you to everyone who contacted me, your's are on the way. Everyone else, I'm sorry but I must stop actively selling these outside of the dealer forum.

Edited by Mike Dame

I decided to use a big countersink to open up the bullet end of my case gauge today. I've gotta say that is one of the best ideas I've seen in a long time. I ran about 2,800 rounds through it in no time at all. Thanks for sharing your idea with us, Mike.

Hey Mike - nice piece of work!

Here is a thought: could such a contraption be hooked up somehow to the new bullet feeder to coax loaded ammo to automatically drop through the gauge? We would still have to monitor the process to remove ammo that does not pass. Thought?

As soon as I get my gauge, I'm going to try and rig something up so the finished round would drop through the gauge into a bin. Yes, you'd have to monitor it but to have gauged rounds ready to box up would be cool.

• 2 months later...