Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Speed Case Gauge

Mike Dame

Since the .40 is a straightwall case, and the rim is the same diameter as the case, his gauge would catch the majority of the cracked, bulged or bent rim cases. It's not a perfect situation but it would catch the majority of the problems that face a .40 and do it very quickly.

Looks great Mike.

The biggest reason I have to case guage is for the ^*%$ Glocked brass that makes it into my supply of good brass. The Glocked brass measures 0.429. Your device looks perfect for my needs.

If one of these guys talks you out of using it, send it my way.

A couple of holes in the side that can accept Sharpies or markers as the round passes through might allow striping in the same step. Now that, I would buy. PM me when you start taking orders.

I guess it's a good thing I don't eat wheaties :P , The rim diameter did come up when I thought this up but since I haven't been able to find a case with a rim bigger then .420 I wasn't too concenred about it. Head space has never been an issue with my press so I'm confident in only checking for the outside diameter of my rounds. Once there in the box I re-check the OAL by eye, if any are out by .02 or more I can pick it out, plus 1 one of every 100 rounds gets a visit from my dial caliper.

John, don't worry about the table, its an old computer desk thats been hacked up with mounting holes and clearance cutouts, so a few more scratches won't hurt it :D

I think the marker pressure might jam up a .422-.423 case, I'll have to give it a try.

Here's what I came up with to speed up chamber checking. I just grab a hand full of rounds and drop them into the tapered end abd as long as nothing's bigger then .423" they fall out the bottom in to my ammo box.

IMG_0486.jpg

I want one. Can you share the specs to make one or just send me one because I'm a nice guy. :D

Angel

Chuck, that was the original idea, but if one didn't pass the check then it would slow down the loading process.

I guess i'm sticking around after work tonight to fire off a few

Sounds good. I'll PM my mailing address :D

Angel

Holly Shit, Thanks for the interest everyone, I need to figure out what it willl cost me to mail these across the border before I can give a price, but I'm guessing between $10-15 shipped, they will be in the white like the one in the picture, is eveyone still cool with that? As for 38 supercomp/TJ's l thought the case had a taper to it?

Sorry Flex, if I start makeing those I'd could end up behind bars, and I'm too delicate for prison.

Edited by Mike Dame