Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What's The Proper Way To Shoot The Texas Star

AzoneHits

I got mix suggestions as far as shooting the texas star and i just wondered how you guys shot it the best way. Thanks.

With a shotgun! :D

Sorry, but that really is the best way I have found to shoot it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If the star is not spinning when you start, start at the top and transition to keep it as still as possible. If it is spinning when you begin like the Double tap twins, pick a plate at bottom (4 o'clock if spinning counter-clockwise, 7 o'clock for clockwise) and let them come to your site.

On spider monkey last march, I ran it in 13.47 and came in 19th out of 122 shooters on that stage. I was super happy about that stage, even did it with a broken finger from 2 stages before that. And I am a C shooter in Lim.

If the star is not spinning when you start, start at the top and transition to keep it as still as possible. If it is spinning when you begin like the Double tap twins, pick a plate at bottom (4 o'clock if spinning counter-clockwise, 7 o'clock for clockwise) and let them come to your site.

On spider monkey last march, I ran it in 13.47 and came in 19th out of 122 shooters on that stage. I was super happy about that stage, even did it with a broken finger from 2 stages before that. And I am a C shooter in Lim.

I disagree, shooting any plate at the bottom just speeds up the star. It may not feel as natural shooting the top plates, but every time you remove weight from the top, the star slows down. As you get faster you have to start transitioning around the star to shoot it as quickly as possible, but since it is slowing the entire time, the shots get progressively easier. I also am a proponent of shooting around the star, rather than going side-to-side, since it is a shorter transition in roughly the same direction.

H.