Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Place To Buy Bullets

aerosigns

Company Type Price Shipping Total Special Price 1K Avg.

Bear Creek Moly $ 58.00 $ 9.00 $ 67.00 Free shipping on orders over $70

Billy Bullets Moly $ 64.00 $ 9.00 $ 73.00 n/a

Master Blaster Moly $ 75.95 $ - $ 75.95 1700 $ 121.95 $ 71.74

Precision Bullets Moly $ 76.25 $ - $ 76.25 2000 $ 144.50 $ 72.25

Cabelas Plated $ 71.98 $ 8.75 $ 80.73 n/a

Precision Delta FMJ $ 91.50 $ - $ 91.50 n/a

Midway USA Plated $ 81.99 $ 16.68 $ 98.67 n/a

Hi-Tech Ammunition $ 92.00 $ 11.14 $ 103.14 n/a

Help! I still need to figure out a way to paste an Excel spreadsheet into this forum. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Edited by aerosigns

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Help! I still need to figure out a way to paste an Excel spreadsheet into this forum. Anyone have any good suggestions?

A quick and dirty way would be to type up the data in excel and “ctrl” + “print screen” the excel sheet. Open up a new document in paint and “paste” the screen capture. With the box tool box around the data and “cut” it out, open a new paint doc, paste and save the image as a .jpg. Just post the jpg in the thread. It may look a bit grainy, but that’s the best I can think of, I personally don’t know how to drop a acual excel spread spreadsheet via html (if the forum code even allows it?).

Jason

I tried converting the spreadsheet into Rich Text and a few other types.

I had not tried your suggestion of using paint to convert it to a jpg.

Later I will give it a try and see how it works. Otherwise I will just create a matching table in word and modify it each time to match the spreadsheet. Maybe that will work.

Plated bullets: Contact Berry's Mfg. They offer Club pricing for orders over 20,000 bullets. I am trying to get an order together at one of my local clubs and it is a pretty good savings, about 20% on 124 grain round nose (9mm) bullets I shoot.

Berry's also offers some jacketed rifle bullets as well as lead bullets.

Joe W.

Berrys Mfg. http://www.berrysmfg.com/56.php

230 Gr RN Plated $100.44 per 1000

I know many people swear by their product, but they would rank 8th out of 9.

According to their website they are now charging a surcharge for lead.

Due to the escalating costs of lead and copper, we have implemented a lead surcharge. This charge is currently $0.50 per pound on purchases of bullets only. (i.e. An extra $8.00 on 1000 115gr bullets, etc.). The appropriate surcharge will be added to your invoice if you are purchasing bullets.

For 1K of bullets they add a $16.50 surcharge due to lead. Shipping is free though for orders over $30. Not hard to do with the surcharge.

aerosigns, I am not sure if you noticed but there is a drop menu on each of the bullets listed in their site. They list a 250 count price and a 1000 count price. Also, the prices listed include the surcharge. They only reason they listed it as a surcharge is for the climbing cost of lead. They have a set price for their bullets and as the price of lead has been going up they adjust the surcharge. Hopefully if the prices of lead go down, so will the surcharge.

If you do a group/club buy you can get those bullets for $73.44 per thou.

Joe W.

aerosigns, I am not sure if you noticed but there is a drop menu on each of the bullets listed in their site. They list a 250 count price and a 1000 count price. Also, the prices listed include the surcharge. They only reason they listed it as a surcharge is for the climbing cost of lead. They have a set price for their bullets and as the price of lead has been going up they adjust the surcharge. Hopefully if the prices of lead go down, so will the surcharge.

If you do a group/club buy you can get those bullets for $73.44 per thou.

Joe W.

Joe - I ordered some bullets from Berry's about a month ago, and I paid the price listed plus the surcharge.

Edited by revchuck

I have yet to understand Cabelas sells berry for much less then there web site

Actually, I can get them at dealer price, which is a substantial savings, but they charge shipping on the dealer price.

In the end, if you buy several thousand from Cabelas, the shipping caps out at $13.95 and you end up money ahead.

I am sure Cabela's has thousands of POUNDS of Berry's on hand.

5Shot

revchuck, I never knew that. I was always under the impression that the price listed on the site included the lead surcharge. Thanks for letting me know.

I just got off the phone with one of the ladies at Berry's and it seems the Club pricing does include the lead surcharge but doesn't include the shipping. Shipping is $9.50 a box with 180 grain and under shipped 2000 bullets per box and over 180 grain shipped 1000 per box.

I hope that clears up some of the confusion (mostly mine).

Joe W.

Joe,

Don't feel confused. I think the fast changing cost of bullets just keeps us from being up to date.

If you have any questions about the surcharge go to their website and click to add 1000 rounds to your cart. You will see an addtional charge on the check out page.

I think a lot of places are like that anymore. They offer a 'good' price, but figure that they can slip the 'Taxes, Dealer Prep, and Other Options' under the wire. Midway USA is like that. They offer good prices, but have incredible shipping charges. It makes you wonder how Brownells can do it all for a flat shipping rate, and low prices.

I just ordered 1500 of the Bear Creek bullets. I will let you know if they fly straight compared to my 230 gr. Raniers.

I just ordered 1500 of the Bear Creek bullets. I will let you know if they fly straight compared to my 230 gr. Raniers.

Keep us posted - seems like a deal we should take advantage of if they work out.

5Shot

The Bear Creek .40SW 180 SWC with 4.4 grains of titegroup @ 950 FPS produced quite a bit of lead in my STI Edge over the weekend at our club match. I think I'm going to use the rest of the 3.5K I have left for practice and try masterblaster next. It's funny just shooting the bear creek for the Chrono and feeding roughly 200 rounds I didn't get much leading. However after 215 rounds of match shooting I had a lot of lead, more than I would get shooting my 45ACP Springfield with 200 LSWC at 900FPS.

Edited by North

The Bear Creek .40SW 180 SWC with 4.4 grains of titegroup @ 950 FPS produced quite a bit of lead in my STI Edge over the weekend at our club match. I think I'm going to use the rest of the 3.5K I have left for practice and try masterblaster next. It's funny just shooting the bear creek for the Chrono and feeding roughly 200 rounds I didn't get much leading. However after 215 rounds of match shooting I had a lot of lead, more than I would get shooting my 45ACP Springfield with 200 LSWC at 900FPS.

I had the same result with the MB in my XD last year.+Tumblers running 180's at low pf

But had no leading with the Precsions hope he is up and running soon.

I know a couple of years ago a few of us got together and ordered directly from Zero. We ordered a little over 50,000 bullets of various calibers and weights. Shipping was free as long as it was being delivered to a business address. I don't remember exactly but the final price was somewhere between $3200 and $3500. We had it delivered to the shop here because we have a forklift. Worked out great.

I like the Rainer plated 230 gr RN. I like the idea that I am not handling all of that lead. I just ordered 1000 from Cabella's; $80.11 shipped. I might have missed something in all of the posts, but I think this is the cheapest for plated bullets.

I have no complaints with the Raniers that I have been shooting. Last year I fired 5000 without a problem. (not counting that whole powder issue)

I still have about 500 on hand, that I have been saving for a special occasion. I guess we will know in a few days. I have heard that the Moly's are supposed to be faster on the chrono, but I don't have any experience one way or the other yet.

Well, I ordered 500 200gr rnfp bullets from Precision back on 3/24... they haven't even charged my card yet and no response to my emails about when they might ship. 5 days isn't a long time, but I guess I expected more. Not angry or anything, but after reading about all the delays I wonder when I will get my order?

I got my last two orders from MasterBlasters to my door in 3 days. Unless Precision is that much better I think I'll be sticking with MasterBlasters. The price is similar, but without the wait.

Well, I ordered 500 200gr rnfp bullets from Precision back on 3/24... they haven't even charged my card yet and no response to my emails about when they might ship. 5 days isn't a long time, but I guess I expected more. Not angry or anything, but after reading about all the delays I wonder when I will get my order?

I got my last two orders from MasterBlasters to my door in 3 days. Unless Precision is that much better I think I'll be sticking with MasterBlasters. The price is similar, but without the wait.

Mine was ordered on March 9th.

I did get a email from Dave though saying they should ship out this week.

Zack

Mine was ordered on March 9th.

I did get a email from Dave though saying they should ship out this week.

Zack

Well that would be good news... maybe I'll hear from him on Monday. Thanks.

I'm almost out of ammo! :blink:

This problem precision is having is rare the place he buy's lead from swelting pot broke they have a 2 ton block sitting there waiting for the furnace to get fixed.(I called him last week).

My previous order was here in a few days and the quality was top notch.

Yesterday after my post I ordered 4000 instead of 2000 and got an email from David saying they were filling back orders for 230gr 45's and would ship as soon as they could. I love dealing with companies that provide feedback on orders.