Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Place To Buy Bullets

aerosigns

We have done this before, but prices are starting to drastically increase.

I normally use Ranier 230 gr. plated bullets. Until lately Midway has had them for 32.99 for a box of 500. I say 500 because they charge $80+ for 1000. (Duh!) But recently they must have caught on and raised the price now to $45+ for 500.

Right now my best deal is from Cabelas for .45 230GR RN TCJ

1K = 71.98

Shipping = 8.75

Delivered = 80.73

Does anyone have a better price than this?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the way they stack up right now:

Top 4-5 List

1. 74.95 @K delivered MasterBlasterBullets.com

2. 76.25 @K delivered Precision Bullets

3. 80.73 @K delivered Cabelas

4. 82.00 @K delivered Hi-Tech Ammunition

5. 101.67@K delivered Midway USA

You can get down to 65.68 (230 gr. RN) delivered if you buy the maxi case from MB.

He gives a good discount for a small bulk order.

Hi Trey,

Whos MB? How manys in the maxi case? Is that shipping also? 65 bucks sounds like a good price. Thank you for your time.

41mag

You can get down to 65.68 (230 gr. RN) delivered if you buy the maxi case from MB.

He gives a good discount for a small bulk order.

Hi Trey,

Whos MB? How manys in the maxi case? Is that shipping also? 65 bucks sounds like a good price. Thank you for your time.

41mag

MB is Masterblaster bullets here is thier link :

http://www.masterblastersbullets.com/index.html

and yes that includes shipping. thier prices are hard to beat right now. Their bullet is a polymer coated bullet.

Edited by PAPER KILLER

I used about 3000 MasterBlasters and about the same number of Precisions and I had less coating wipe with the Precisions. I used the 225gr MB versus the 230gr Precisions so velocity had be be a little higher with the MB. I really like the shape of the Precision without a grease groove but the nose shape required them to be seated a little deeper. This may also be a factor in requiring less powder. I still had noticable smoke until I slowed the powder speed down to WST. Prior choices were Clays, TG, American Select & Ramshot Competition. Slower were HP38, 231 & Ramshot ZIP but I got powder particulates back in my face with the wind blowing. I have some Berry 230's on order to try in the new 625 since crud from the MasterBlasters stopped the cyclinder from rotating at about the 5-600 round range. It was a designed test to see how long the gun would work without cleaning.

Here is the Master Blaster pricing for 230 grn.

All are delivered prices

Bullets / Price

1000 74.95

1700 119.95 (Mini Case)

5100 334.95 (Maxi Case)

The Maxi case is the way you can get the $65.68 per K price. The Mini Case comes out to $70.58 per K.

Jim, I would seriously look at the Precision Delta 230fmj....82 delivered a thousand. You have to buy 2 k at a time, but they shoot great in my guns, including my 625. I am shooting 230 LRN from Two Alpha at $42per K for practice and local matches, and the PD FMJ for matches. If you need some LRN let me know and I can bring you some when we hook up.

DougC

Graf's sells Berry's 230 RN for $163.39 which includes shipping. They have a store @ 923 South 5th St in St. Charles MO (946-7468). I buy most of my reloading supplies from them. Their main store & shipping facility is in Mexico MO.

• 2 weeks later...

I re-investigated the pricing as of today for 1000 - 230 gr. Here is the real tale of the tape:

__Company______Price + Shipping = Total

1. Master Blaster...74.95 + Free = 74.95

2. Cabelas............71.98 + 8.75 = 80.73

3. Precision Delta..91.50 + Free = 91.50

4. Midway USA......74.99 + 16.68 = 91.67

5. Hi-Tech Amm....82.00 + 11.14 = 93.14

6. Graf & Sons......93.51 + 3.95 = 97.46

Even with free shipping Precision is pretty pricey.

So as of today Master Blaster has the actual best price.

Edited by aerosigns

Jim - "Precision" and "Precision Delta" are different companies. Precision's delivered prices are what you have above in post #8.

Given the $1.30/k price difference between Precison and MasterBlaster, I'd go with the Precisions. Swaged bullets are a lot more uniform than even good cast bullets. Besides, Precision heavily supports the practical shooting sports in my area. (MB might do it in their area, I'm just too far away to know.)