Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tech-loader's For Shotgun

Scott Butler

Do the upper ranks use them(A, M, or GM)? Or is it a gimeck for the new guys to buy into for the "fast" shotgun reload? I can't seem to get the "hang-of-it", and am probably gonna dump mine in the classifieds. Tried using 'em for quite awhile....I'm just not very good with them.

Scott (make someone a deal) B

Do the upper ranks use them(A, M, or GM)? Or is it a gimeck for the new guys to buy into for the "fast" shotgun reload? I can't seem to get the "hang-of-it", and am probably gonna dump mine in the classifieds. Tried using 'em for quite awhile....I'm just not very good with them.

Scott (make someone a deal) B

send 'em here...

Scott, They do take some practice. Before you dump them, you might try a few thing. One, the ribs inside the tubes, when new, can present a lot of resistance which can cause you to jump out of the "groove'. Always look at the spot where you want to plant the end of the tube.

I found that the leverage of the handle made it difficult to put the right (or enough) pressure to trip the loading gate all the time and caused jumping out of the slot. What helped me was holding the tube with my hand behind the push device and pushing with the web of my hand. With you hand around the tube you can "stick" the entry into the "grooves" then a straight push all the way down to the receiver produces enough pressure to keep the device in place. Might not work for you but I found it helpful when I first started.

The other thing I've noticed is new, they are a little tight. They take a little breaking in.

The other thing is if you leave them in the sun, they get hot and soft. That is bad. Very bad. Keep them in the bag until ready for use. A little silicone spray, wipe and load.