Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading Major 9 For Glocks

Airic

Ive done a couple searches, couldnt find specific information that I was looking for. I was wondering what loads anybody is using to make major 9 in a Glock. Ive got a SJC gun coming to me soon and I want to start working the load up for it.

If this info is in another thread, by all means point me there. Ive been to the big major 9 thread and copied down some info, but none of those loads are run in Glocks.

Best major 9 recipe I have found for a Glock and it's mag length limits is a 124gr JHP over HS6, or WW540. OAL of 1.145-1.155 will be OK in Glock mags (you should test this though). 8.4 to 8.8 grains will be the charge range you end up in depending on your bbl/bullet fit. Do start down near 8.0 and work it up though. I use a Federal SP100 primer for light striker spring reasons. Depending on your trigger systems ability to ignite hardd primers, you may be able to use SR primers for the extra safety margin they provide.

HS6/WW540 is a good choice for short loaded 9x because it has a linear pressure curve and doesn't mind compressed charges.

Ive done a couple searches, couldnt find specific information that I was looking for. I was wondering what loads anybody is using to make major 9 in a Glock. Ive got a SJC gun coming to me soon and I want to start working the load up for it.

If this info is in another thread, by all means point me there. Ive been to the big major 9 thread and copied down some info, but none of those loads are run in Glocks.

:blink: Being the conservative type, I have never thought it wise to try to make cannon out of a slingshot. when I want to shoot major, I just go to the 40.

No strain (on the gun) No Pain (in the face and hands). B)

:blink: Being the conservative type, I have never thought it wise to try to make cannon out of a slingshot. when I want to shoot major, I just go to the 40.

No strain (on the gun) No Pain (in the face and hands). B)

You are misinformed. 9mm major runs fine (and safely) in a well built gun, like the guns SJC builds. By all means, build your Open gun in .40 S&W.

Use a 124-125 gr bullet. I use WSPM primers.

Most popular powder is probably HS6. Start around 8.0 grains and work up.

3N37 will do it, start around 7.0

3N38--it can be done, but it's not worth the hassle.

SP2, if you can find it.

My current load is a pile of HS7 under a 124 Precision Delta. HS7 is no longer made.

When I run out of the HS7 I'll be switching to SP2.

Check the "So you want to build an Open Glock" thread. It has load data for John

Nagel's favorite.

Use a 124-125 gr bullet. I use WSPM primers.

Most popular powder is probably HS6. Start around 8.0 grains and work up.

3N37 will do it, start around 7.0

3N38--it can be done, but it's not worth the hassle.

SP2, if you can find it.

My current load is a pile of HS7 under a 124 Precision Delta. HS7 is no longer made.

When I run out of the HS7 I'll be switching to SP2.

Check the "So you want to build an Open Glock" thread. It has load data for John

Nagel's favorite.

I used to use HS6 for my limited gun. It's a good powder. Im thinking I'm gonna use true blue for this though, power is a lot more compact and I've heard good things about it.