Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Problem With Cases Getting Stuck

I am having trouble cycling my press consistantly. Often, a case will get stuck because the angle of the casefeed adapter may be a tad to the right or left. I seems like if it's not pushed towards where that nipples goes into the hole, the case will get stuck and i'll end up with an empty spot in my turret. I dont know if this has been discussed before as i didn't see it in the FAQ section, but i get it with both my 9mm adapters and now my .45acp adapters which i just bought.

I have to like push the casefeed arm more to make sure the case drops or push the casefeed adapter a tad in a certain direction to get the case to drop through.

Let me know if you have had any similar experiences and what you did to correct them. Thanks

Dan

If you have the electric casefeeder, be sure not to install the blue connecting arm. Then rotate the bowl so that the feed tube is straight. Otherwise, check the adjustment of the cam on top of the case feed plunger to ensure the pivoting arm goes all the way over. If you need further assistance, please phone us when you can be in front of the loader :ph34r:

I had the exact same problem with my XL650 bought 09/2006 thst is setup for .45 LC.

The problem has almost entirely went away though.

I've found that polishing cases, even if new helps.

Letting the inserts build up a little bit of grime also seems to help, adding to the lubrication of the case "flow" path.

Being consistent with the operation of the press may be the biggest improvement in case flow. I pause a half second just after hearing the loaded round hit the exit chute. This lets the fresh primer stop vibrating and settle down to insure it's in alignment with the case primer pocket and cases rarely fail to drop from the loading tube.