Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently, a couple of pieces of old gear was offered for sale on a local forum. So, now I'm the proud owner of some Ernie Hill "Fast Track" leather that I used to drool over in magazine photos 30 years ago, or so.

My phone camera doesn't really do justice to the color.

Photo also includes my old Bianchi 50P "Chapman" Plus holster

20200103_115426-crop.jpg

8 minutes ago, rishii said:

Damn I must be old, I used both of those when they were the go to state fo the art rigs

i still use the double stack mag pouch on my production rig

I must have bought the Bianchi in mid-90s. I didn't compete much in those days but it did go to a few IPSC-style matches back then.

I've been shooting the .45 in the IPSC Classic division, and figured it is a sort of Retro thing. The Bianchi is a bit tight fit for that gun, so I have another leather holster for it: a recent model by a German company.

Sickinger.jpg.091a6cf11acee552d1b587fc7d5e83d5.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2020 at 7:15 AM, perttime said:

Recently, a couple of pieces of old gear was offered for sale on a local forum. So, now I'm the proud owner of some Ernie Hill "Fast Track" leather that I used to drool over in magazine photos 30 years ago, or so.

My phone camera doesn't really do justice to the color.

Photo also includes my old Bianchi 50P "Chapman" Plus holster

20200103_115426-crop.jpg

Holy s#!t, that was a long time ago!!! even before USPSA. Something like 1982?

5 hours ago, dansedgli said:

What is going on in the magwell area? 2 magwells? 

Yep - gun was originally built with a heinie integrated magwell. After the gun was built I repurposed it for USPSA and added a Dawson ICE magwell 

7 hours ago, usmc1974 said:

Holy s#!t, that was a long time ago!!! even before USPSA. Something like 1982?

Not sure when exactly they were produced. I have another Ernie Hill FasTrack, bought new in mid '90s - for a G19 of all things... :D I'm pretty sure I got the Bianchi in the '90s too. Don't recall where I got them. Mail order almost certainly.

• 4 weeks later...

Finished this build during the beerflu - managed to get in a test fire session with it before quarantine but haven't shot it in a match yet. It's a total mutt but shoots really well.

49672973183_f5a7e31d0b_c.jpg

- RIA Tact II frame (Para ramp cut)

- Para "Black Ops" slide, match barrel, and LPA sights

- Brazos Ignition Kit

- Wilson safeties

- Mix of Fusion and Klonimus small parts

- Klonimus grips and magwell

The trigger was breaking at sub-2.5 lbs when I first put it together. That was a little light for me so I swapped the Brazos sear spring for a Wolff and re-bent it a little; it's now just north of 3 lbs and feels a lot better.

Finished this build during the beerflu - managed to get in a test fire session with it before quarantine but haven't shot it in a match yet. It's a total mutt but shoots really well.

49672973183_f5a7e31d0b_c.jpg

- RIA Tact II frame (Para ramp cut)

- Para "Black Ops" slide, match barrel, and LPA sights

- Brazos Ignition Kit

- Wilson safeties

- Mix of Fusion and Klonimus small parts

- Klonimus grips and magwell

The trigger was breaking at sub-2.5 lbs when I first put it together. That was a little light for me so I swapped the Brazos sear spring for a Wolff and re-bent it a little; it's now just north of 3 lbs and feels a lot better.

Nice, so you gonna play in singlestack division with me?

--

Pat Jones

Firestone CO

USPSA #A79592

10 hours ago, PatJones said:

Nice, so you gonna play in singlestack division with me?

Maybe, at some point. I do want to focus on a non-revo division some of the time; not sure if it's going to be SS or something else. Weirdly, I can shoot my PX4 Storms better than almost any other gun I own...

• 7 months later...

Damn, I haven't been in here in quite a while so I thought I'd post up a pic. This is my 'budget' 38 Super. My shooting buddy picked it up in a trade and let me have it for $200. The thing didn't even have a mag with it! It's a RIA basic model and I had the grips and trigger on the bench. I picked up some sights, a grip safety, thumb safety and Commander style hammer from Brownells and put it all together after checkering the frontstrap 30 lpi and undercutting the trigger guard to get a little higher grip. I worked the factory trigger parts some, resulting in a nice 3.5 # trigger pull. After all that I needed to refinish the thing and remembered I had some black parkerizing solution so in the spirit of keeping to the budget theme I beadblasted everything and fired up the propane heater and black parked it. It isn't the prettiest looking gun but it's functional as can be and I'm not afraid to use it hard. It's surprisingly accurate too! All told, I have about $400 in the gun, not including any magazines.

644823520_38Super.thumb.jpg.06e5cc659f3c36ef9f282d76aa5f9e1e.jpg

Edited by 392heminut

• 4 weeks later...

Quarantine drags on and I keep acquiring/modifying single stack guns...

Pinky the 1911 is a 9mm Springfield Armory Operator that I had tri-topped and finished in rose gold TiN:

50567770726_09e0b07246_b.jpg

Shown here with a 9mm RIA TCM that I had milled out for IDPA Carry Optics and then refinished in Sniper Grey and rose TiN:

50346613298_74a4cac25c_b.jpg

I'm a big fan of the ICE magwell...

23 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Quarantine drags on and I keep acquiring/modifying single stack guns...

Pinky the 1911 is a 9mm Springfield Armory Operator that I had tri-topped and finished in rose gold TiN:

The rose gold slide on an otherwise black/grey pistol hurts my eye a bit 😎🤣

... but otherwise it looks the business.

• 2 weeks later...

Caspian Race Ready Frame - Colt Wilkinson at Bad Dog Customs milled the frame for a higher grip, Tri-topped the slide, fitted a new KKM threaded barrel and sent it out to get Black Nitrided at H&M. He also installed the EGW optic plate. 

Can is a SilencerCo Octane45. Gun is silly quiet. A lot of fun to shoot and super accurate. 

Caspian.jpg

Caspian Hush.jpg

This gun ... said simply... kicks ass. Many a match with it. It's been with me through thick and thin. Of all that I own it's a tie between this one and another that are my favorites ... Today I'd lean this one. 

1911 my 1911a1 45acp (1 of 1).jpg