Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several Single Stack 1911s just for competition.. and they all wear the wrap around rubber grips.

They're clearly not pretty.. but I know my grip will be exactly the same every time.

I clean them with rubbing alcohol before matches to get any oil or grease off.. and to make the grips tacky.

Maybe it's a regional thing.. but they are pretty popular "up here".

Edited by MichiganShootist

• 3 weeks later...
Building a new L-10. Might take a year to finish, but it will be worth it. What do you think?

Building a new L-10. Might take a year to finish, but it will be worth it. What do you think?post-8048-1173150197.jpgpost-8048-1173150247.jpgpost-8048-1173150265.jpg

Oh my god I love those slide cuts. way B) cool

Edited by shadetree

PIMP.

Oh my god I love those slide cuts. way B) cool

+1 to that

These are my two 1911's, we don't have SSD over here so one is my Steel Gun and the other is just a show piece, which is actually available for sale at the moment.

Steel Gun

OOOoooh, Eric! I've been waiting to post in this thread for so long! :lol:

Home from it's first "official" day of practice... nice n' dirty. Brand spankin' new holster wear too! :D Trying to somewhat prepare for its (and my) debute at SS Nationals.

Rock River Arms Limited Match recently returned from being Millenniumized. Dawson front, two-piece guide rod changed to one piece and an ever-so-Derek Janowicz trigger job. 30 lpi front strap, 40 lpi under trigger guard, flattened 40 lpi serrated top... n' stuff. 1 1/2 inch at 50 yards... but I can hardly hit an 8 inch plate at 25!!! (stupid dot gun!) :P

SSD only.

RRA.JPG

I'll try and get a better picture cleaned up and in some real sunlight. I just really wanted to post. :lol:

SWEET skinny Sharyn. I've been drooling over their stuff for some time.

Since *AHEM* I am having trouble finding a ride and sold my skinny, I am thinking of a flat topped, Heinie sighted, LIGHT RAIL RRA, in FOTEY!!! 25lpi checker-age....yummy.

Did Smitty get one too?

Since *AHEM* I am having trouble finding a ride and sold my skinny, I am thinking of a flat topped, Heinie sighted, LIGHT RAIL RRA, in FOTEY!!! 25lpi checker-age....yummy.

Pics of my rail gun built by Virgil Tripp, just to give you some ideas...

slideclosed.jpg

overall.jpg

magwell.jpg

100_0215_edited.jpg

Dude!!!

Where did you get MY gun?!?!?

Are you punishing me for the one I sold?

Sweet. I'm jealous.

What I REALLY want are TWO. (Cuz one is none, two is one, right?).

#1 would be the single stack companion to my SV Mall Ninja Supremo. 25lpi checkered front .40 light rail, bushing, Heinie rear, black finish. IonBond?

#2 would be "Bringing Sexy Back", the reincarnation of the Les Baer / Delta I had built a few years ago and sold in Jan 06. .40 of course, Enhanced Delta Slide, but I would go 25lpi RRA frame this time, no rail. Two tone NP3 and Black top end, Bomar, presentation grade grips with delta emblem inset. The ultimate in competition skinnies.

In spite of recent advancements in magwells, I'd probably go S&A on both.

I'll keep you posted.

Edited by dirtypool40

Not hardly. B)

But inventory got low, and I am tired of lugging around that gorgeous 5" all steel masterpiece day in, day out.

That thing has been collecting dust just begging to be built up. Venri's the guy to do it.

I've got a Rock Island out right now getting reworked by Robert Miller of Miller Custom. I've never seen any of Robert's work personally but I've seen some pretty nice pictures here on the net. He used to work at Rock River before heading out on his own and also going back to school full-time.

I've never seen any of his work personally but I have seen some nice pictures on the net. I should have the gun back in a few weeks or a month and will get some pictures up as soon as I can.

Miller Custom Gunsmithing