Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Single Stack Photo Thread

dirtypool40

Open and High Cap Limited have thread, how 'bout for the sexy steel guns!!!

1911's ONLY please. SSD legal preffered.

Here's my tweaked up Springer .40 circa 2001. This pic was taken just before the South Florida Single Stack this past Summer.

Started life as a stock "Loaded" model 2001 Springer.

20 lpi checkering on the front.

S&A Magwell

Flat top, Heinie Slant Pro rear, fo front.

Brown Ambi

Navidrex grips

Koenig Hammer

STI trigger.

It'll get a freshening up soon as I have the cash. Needs a better barrel fit.

But looks sexy, and what the hell...it runs.

post-551-1168573130.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Formerly a Mil-Spec (in .45, as it was meant to be!) , it got the full slide frame peen and lap fit, Kart Barrel, S&A magwell, Extreme Engineering action parts, STI trigger, Bomars, Ed Brown thumb and grip safetys with a hard chrome finish. It is about 9K rounds old and still is tight!

post-400-1168575878.jpg

post-400-1168576284.jpg

Gunsmith: Will O'Hara, Corona Ca

Edited by ChuckS

KIMBER Gold Match.

Front Strap Checkered, S&A Magwell fitted and matched, FO Front Site installed and Hard Chromed by Bob at Accurate Plating. Over the chrome is their CeraGuard two tone finish.

CobraMag from Tripps.

The grips are AllumaGrips with the same logo as my avatar laser etched into the finish.

Shoots like a dream.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a281/CDR...96/IMG_0329.jpg

(For the curious, it was unloaded with a snapcap in the chamber for the pic!)

Edited by CDRODA396

Infinity single stack set up for .45 acp and 9mm luger. It is ready for IDPA CDP and ESP as well as the new USPSA SS division. I may have to bring it to a USPSA match and play with it this year for something different.

daves160.jpg

Infinity single stack set up for .45 acp and 9mm luger. It is ready for IDPA CDP and ESP as well as the new USPSA SS division. I may have to bring it to a USPSA match and play with it this year for something different.

daves160.jpg

Dave

When you get tired of that old 8 shooter...call me. :);)

My Ser.70 has been my Bowling Pin, IPSC, IDPA and Steel pistol since the 1970's

This is a Frank Parris pistol. For thoughts that don't know who Frank was, he was one of the pioneering custom Gunsmiths for the IPSC and Pin games of the early 1970's

I have added a few modern custom parts myself, trigger, hammer, grip safety, thumb safety, mag well and front sight. Franks parts were all custom parts he made himself and just wore out.

464950-big.JPG

Here is my beloved Springfield TRP Professional. It is pretty much box stock...except....

I had a short trigger installed (with overtravel screw)

Dawson fiber optic .100 site installed

Minor trigger job (to 3.5lbs)

This is my normal carry pistol. It has proven to be ultra reliable and extremely accurate as it came from the custom shop.

I'll be using this pistol at this years single stack match.

Huh, looks like I'll have to post an earlier photo without the modifications....I'll post a pic when I get a new one....

SaPro_New_grip_1.jpg

here is my: colt 1911 a1 80 series home defense.

Kings ramp supported barrel and bushing.

bomar sight egw dove tail top serration

wilson aluminum front strap (still dont want to spend $ for checkering) thingking of doing it my self but to chicken to do it.

post-8134-1168812717.jpg

post-8134-1168812762.jpg

Edited by adiksaputok

daves160.jpg

Nothing personal, Dude, but if that magwell fits in the box, then the box is the wrong size.

Here are a pair of .45s that I built in the 70s. Scoped pistol is built on a Crown City frame with GI National Match slide, Kart NM barrel/bushing, GI short match trigger.

Other pistol is built on Springfield Armory frame with GI National Match slide, Kart NM barrel/bushing, Vediki (sp) trigger and Bo-Mar rib.

Using a Ransom rest, both guns would shoot less than 3 inch groups at 50 yards when they were newly built.

post-6529-1168835783.jpg

Nothing personal, Dude, but if that magwell fits in the box, then the box is the wrong size.

This gun was placed in the box by Bill Wilson himself at the IDPA Nationals a couple of years ago and it passed with no problems. I have not put it on a scale so it may be too heavy now.

Nothing too fancy here... just a couple of workhorses.

This one post-2776-1168974327.jpg started life as a parkerized Springfield loaded. Yamil stippled the front strap before sending it to me and then I sent it to Canyon Creek for some TLC. Rich did the following on it:

-Fit bushing

-Fit magwell

-Fit Ambi sfty

-Fabricated and installed a FO front sight

-Installed rear sight

-Cut snake belly

-Bead-blasted all SS parts

-Refinish Flat Black (spray-on)

This second one post-2776-1168974393.jpg was one of the Springfield WWII green parkerized with the grips that read US. Got it brand new for my garage pistolsmithing project. This is what I did to that poor thing:

-Lower & flare the ejection port

-Fit beavertail grip sfty

-Installed STI short trig and Nowlin trigger job in a bag

-Fit CMC thumb sfty, mag catch and slide release

-Bevel all sharp edges

Then sent it to Canyon Creek and Rich installed the Heinie sights and refinished it.

That's what I have. Hopefully soon I'll have a Spartan to show off, which BTW I saw it at SHOT and really liked it.

B)

Edited by Nemo

This is my Springfield 1911 in it the middle of the rebuild. The gun is currently with Randy Lee of Apex Tactical having some finishing touches and being hard chromed.

Apex5.jpg

This is my Springfield TRP. It was purchased for duty while the other Springer is being finished. The front sight has been changed from the Novak in the picture to a Dawson front sight.

000_0029-1.jpg

This my Kimber 25th ann. Custom. It was done by Robar and is my night stand gun.

100_0307.jpg

Last but not least is my roomates Ed Brown Kobra Carry which I have included only because I wish it were mine and am jealous.

100_0431.jpg

Edited by ddj8052

This is my custom built Nowlin with blued slide and hardchrome frame. This started as my CDP gun, then became my Limited 10 gun and is now my Single Stack gun.

Received it in Aug of 2002 and have 20k-25k rounds through it.

Super accurate, nice and tight and runs great. The only malfunctions I have ever had were magazine or ammo related.

Other than recoil springs the rear sight has been replaced. I broke the original rear blade off.

This gun was built while John Sr was still alive and working in the shop, he referred to it as a "Match Classic Master" because it was a Match Classic with all the features of the Match Master minus the bullet front cocking serrations, and all the extra rollmarks.

the first two pictures are brand new, and the last two were taken last month. The blue has held up very well I think.

post-2563-1169056809.jpg

post-2563-1169056829.jpg

post-2563-1169057080.jpg

post-2563-1169057092.jpg

Edited by fortyfiveshooter