Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

As for the 2007 Elite Gold Team, the word is 30-60 days as we're waiting for a large shipment from Italy. An important note is that the guns are shipped from EAA per date they were ordered, so the earlier you put your order in the greater the chance you'll get yours on the next shipment. We had a lot of interest for the guns at the show this year.

As for Witness Elite Limited they have them in stock in .40s&w and also .45acp.

The Witness Elite series can be ordered by any FFL holder as a special order direct from EAA. Contact your local guy and have him place the order for you.

I've got a large shipment of 40 mag bodies on order and a new type of magazine pad made out of Nevada. I'm hoping to have 21 + 1 magazines for the .40s&w available for sale in 1-2 months.

If you're interested contact me through my website; http://henningshootsguns.com

Henning if they fit the CZ tactical sport mags count me down for 6 pads...thanks

I still think the Tazer Playboy girls were the best part of the show :wub: , not to mention the EAA girl, Mandy, or the whole Gunbroker crew.

Not much IPSC stuff, but many of the top shooters were there representing the sponsers very well.

Yes that word "tactical" was used about 5 thousand times..

The JP booth was awsome, and there are some very nice 1911's being put out.

Lots of plastic guns that sure look the same??

No new single stack from Glock.

No Trijicon is not putting out a circle range finding reticle or 30mm tube in the Accupoint.

Hearing about the new single stack rules from TGO was great, having him put a USPSA single stack legal light rail gun in my hand was fun. All the makers are going to sell quite a few.

Matt B's new place in Texas sounds like he is going to be busy for a while.

As much as I like having the show here in Orlando I cant believe they are here at all.

Rant on.

Multi million doller new convention center with lousy parking in a dirt lot. Got a nail and a flat day one.

No where to eat but the crummy hamburger stand where $10 will get you a cold burger and a handfull of stale chips after a 45 min wait.

Our public transportation stinks.

Glock 21SF (Model 21, Short frame) looked interesting - much smaller grip front to back, and it takes the old Model 21 mags (but the old one does not take the new mags).

Food was also a ripoff in Vegas, but at least you could walk across the street to a nice hotel restaurant. Same prices, but you got sit down restaurant quality food and a relaxes atmosphere and quick service, rather than standing in line for mediocre food. At least, there was better seating for eating in Orlando.

The USPSA booth was, as is traditional, outside the main floor in the lobby (where the non-profits get free space). Traffic was way down this year since there were at least 5 entrances, and the USPSA booth was not in a choke point.

It was nice to see NRA president Sandra Froman spending a couple of hours at the women's booth next to the USPSA one, making her self available to talk to anyone, not just people who may have something to offer the NRA. Shot show time is at a premium for everyone who is there to do business, so it was impressive that she made herself available to the little guy.

Las Vegas is a much nicer place to be parked in a hotel without a rental car - many more "walk to" food options. I didn't meet anyone who indicated that they considered Orlando to be as good a location, and the general impression of many is that the attendance seemed lighter than last year.

Vlad,

You are apparently not of the innovative type or able to see the possibilities this can create in other areas. You comment is rude and shortsighted. Non-slide means less muzzleflip, which in a different caliber and design could be useful in say for instance a steel challenge type competition with a 10-round 9mm gun. Thought of that? Also, with a different firing pin mechanism can increase the rate of fire which could be useful in military purposes. We should welcome new innovations instead of beat down on them.

Hmm, nope. Sorry, innovation is all good and fine, but this isn't it. Muzzleflip is not all about the slide moving, some of it is from the bore axis. Also, having to pick up your chambers is going to be a killer. Also having to load each chamber by hand for a match of 150 rounds is going to be a killer. So is the price of 150 chambers, which is the minium you would need for a single steel match, nevermind a good practice session. Then there is going to be the fact that you are using 150 chambers which are not all going to be identical. Chamber check ammo for that problem before your big match and let me know how it is going to work out for you. The military is not going to love a weapon system which requires steel chambers to be carried around for EVERY round of ammo they carry. I could build a car with hexagonal wheels because it would improve braking, but it is going to have some drawbacks

Sorry, but it is still a bad idea. We figured out how to handle moving parts a while ago.

I think innovation takes some crazy, or what appears to be crazy, turns at times. Often, it is not the most recent innovation which becomes an answer, but the innovation which that innovation leads to that becomes important.

One advantage I could see to a pistol like this would be the ability to fire, repeatedly, when someone had grabbed the front of the pistol. As we all know (not from experience but because we know how semi-auto pistols work) a scuffle for a pistol that gets a bad guy's hand(s) on the slide and pushing back putting the pistol slightly out of battery makes for a bad situation. Also, a semi-auto that does not have a moving slide *could* cure many types of jams (assuming ejection was 100%); it would also allow the pistol to be fired from a coat pocket, and in many other hypothetical situations where a semi is not now the best answer.

Not every pistol has to be built with competition in mind. In fact, the vast majority of defense pistols are not commonly used in any type of competition.

I am glad to see a company pushing the envelope---even if it never makes it to market.

One advantage I could see to a pistol like this would be the ability to fire, repeatedly, when someone had grabbed the front of the pistol.

Revolver, the other 6 shot, pre-loaded chambers solution. I only pointed out the shortcomings of the design as a competition or military arm, because its possible applications in those fields where mentioned. Also it can proabably be stoped from firing by covering the ejection port.

Edited by Vlad

One advantage I could see to a pistol like this would be the ability to fire, repeatedly, when someone had grabbed the front of the pistol.

Revolver, the other 6 shot, pre-loaded chambers solution. I only pointed out the shortcomings of the design as a competition or military arm, because its possible applications in those fields where mentioned. Also it can proabably be stoped from firing by covering the ejection port.

As a revolver can be stopped with a thumb on the hammer or by grabbing the cylinder. At least after 1st shot.

Every mechanical device has a weakness. It does not follow though that there is a problem with the inventor's genetics.

Will the pistol ever make it to market? Who knows. But concept cars and the like do serve a purpose...by pushing the thought process forward from "what we have is good enough for me", to "hey, this might be an improvement".

Henning,

I did not get a chance to look at the "slideless" gun EAA was showing, but from a "taking the chance" standpoint, I am glad to see that the engineers have been busy. I have been going to Shot Shows for years, during the depths of the Clinton administration the gun industry was in a bunker mentality. Nobody was creating anything "out of the box". The last few years, the industry has been willing to try new designs and innovations with the possible risk of failure, so I am glad to see that EAA is willing to take a chance and risk failure.

Spoke about this during a debate on the new Sig rifle, people have to be willing to look at new items with an open mind.

The USPSA booth was, as is traditional, outside the main floor in the lobby (where the non-profits get free space). Traffic was way down this year since there were at least 5 entrances, and the USPSA booth was not in a choke point.

Las Vegas is a much nicer place to be parked in a hotel without a rental car - many more "walk to" food options. I didn't meet anyone who indicated that they considered Orlando to be as good a location, and the general impression of many is that the attendance seemed lighter than last year.

It took me quite a while to find the USPSA booth, given that there were multiple entrances. Hard to find, since we entered from the other end.

Much prefer Las Vegas as a venue, the traffic in Orlando is worse than Vegas, whoever would have thought that was possible. It did seem that the people traffic was lower at the Show, every vendor I spoke to seemed to feel the same. I worked the Valdada booth ( at DS Arms in a prime location) off and on over the Show and the aisle traffic did seem lighter than the Vegas shows.