Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Very little IPSC presences. Didn't find any gunsmith tables. Lots of AR stuff. Lots of 6.8 stuff. But even with 2.5 days of walking the floor I didn't even get to see half the stuff.

Went to pre-shot at orlando police range. Had lots of fun shooting but didn't see anything that made me want to whip out my wallet.

Did get to shoot a full auto 6.8 with 11 inch barrel. It had the short stroke gas piston design. I can see a real advantage to the piston design for short barrelled guns. It limited the rpm to serviceable level. Cases showed no signs of rim pull problems. However that piston is bound to lower the accuracy of the gun.

I don't buy the gun stays clean because gas doesn't get in lower area. We had been running the guns for few hours and when we opened it up the lower was just as dirty as any AR gets. There was fine brass shavings and black carbon and powder residue everywhere. Still feel there are problems with the 6.8's mags. Lots of bolt locks with one or two rounds left in the mags.

Very little IPSC? That's rather disappointing <_< Is that common for the Shot Show?

yep.

There were, however, plenty of items to fuel the mall ninja crowds wet dreams for the next year. Not to mention plenty of consumer types wandering around in what is supposed to be a wholesale show mucking things up...

We lost count of the "tactical" flashlight and LED light manufacturers somewhere after 15. :blink:

Very little IPSC? That's rather disappointing <_< Is that common for the Shot Show?

yep.

There were, however, plenty of items to fuel the mall ninja crowds wet dreams for the next year. Not to mention plenty of consumer types wandering around in what is supposed to be a wholesale show mucking things up...

We lost count of the "tactical" flashlight and LED light manufacturers somewhere after 15. :blink:

I was going to ask if it was more of a tacticool setup. <_<

Magpul introduced their new gas piston design rifle, the "Masada", at their booth. Still in the design phase, but it looked like a well thought out design. Magpul has come a long way in the few years they have been in business.

Middle Man, which wholesaler do you work for?

Edited by Cactustactical

I was going to ask if it was more of a tacticool setup. <_<

Blackhawk! did have free beer in the afternoons...

It's not as bad as my sarcasm indicated, but a few of us get a good laugh out of the overuse of the word "TACTICAL". That's marketing 101 in the firearms biz though... :(

Edited by Middle Man

Whattayamean no IPSC???

I guess it depends what / how much you're looking for. All the major manufacturers were there as always.

post-3780-1169053753.jpgI worked the EAA booth for the entire show. Here's a picture with our lovely poster girl, Marisa, EAA's owner Keith showing the guns to a customer and Massimo Tanfoglio himself on the phone in the background.

post-3780-1169053828.jpgEAA was also displaying the new Witness Elite Gold Team for 2007 with a V12 porting. The slide has been shortened slightly along with the dustcover and instead of a 3-port comp it's now a 2 port with porting inside the comp.

post-3780-1169053713.jpgA prototype, slideless design, called Witness FCP was shown. It features pre-chambered 45 ACP ammo in a 6-round magazine. It's a double action gun with no slide. When the round is set off, the gas pushes the spent chamber out along with the case and a new chambered round is automatically pushed into firing position from the mag. Something entirely new.

post-3780-1169053799.jpgAlexander Arms showed their new 20" competition rifle with a billet receiver and a F2 compensator for their 6.5 Grendel. This new, rigid barrel and upper receiver came together after feedback from the experiences I had with their 19.5" Entry model at the ITRC. Between Bill and I, we found that for long-range consistency a heavier barrel and stiffer receiver would be better. In the match I was shooting a 123MK, but the 107MK might be the ticket for long-range, flatshooting, non-major loads in the 6.5 Grendel. A very interesting cartridge that may be moving into USPSA 3-gunning.

And Saturday night, Matt Davis, Chris Tilley, Bobby Hayden and I went downtown to Church St. with where we watched the cops go at some drunks. One guy get tazered and another peppersprayed so the evening wasn't totally uneventful or boring...

Henning

post-3780-1169053713.jpgA prototype, slideless design, called Witness FCP was shown. It features pre-chambered 45 ACP ammo in a 6-round magazine. It's a double action gun with no slide. When the round is set off, the gas pushes the spent chamber out along with the case and a new chambered round is automatically pushed into firing position from the mag. Something entirely new.

WTH??? What genetic reject came up with that??? You have to pick up your chambers from the ground afterwards I assume. They can't be cheap. What problem does this solve?

Vlad,

You are apparently not of the innovative type or able to see the possibilities this can create in other areas. You comment is rude and shortsighted. Non-slide means less muzzleflip, which in a different caliber and design could be useful in say for instance a steel challenge type competition with a 10-round 9mm gun. Thought of that? Also, with a different firing pin mechanism can increase the rate of fire which could be useful in military purposes. We should welcome new innovations instead of beat down on them.

Whattayamean no IPSC???

post-3780-1169053828.jpgEAA was also displaying the new Witness Elite Gold Team for 2007 with a V12 porting. The slide has been shortened slightly along with the dustcover and instead of a 3-port comp it's now a 2 port with porting inside the comp.

Henning

Henning,

When will the new Elite Gold Team be available for sale?

I was able to attend SHOT only on Friday. The main purpose was to meet with my dear friend Yamil, but also to try to get some industry support for my sons shooting. I can say that for me it was a lot of walking a very little detailed seeing of anything.

The effort may have paid off. It is possible that my boys will get some support from ARMSCOR, Pro-Ears, CED and Shooters Choice. Thank you very much to Ivan (Blackdragon), Mr. Nigro and Mr. Hardy! Still in the works are BladeTech and Rainier. We’ll see what happens.

Also had a chance to talk to Manny and Max, and hopefully they’ll look at my little Sponsorship Proposal and help me out with some training for the boys. I also met Roger Sherman and fellow wheelgunner Lisa Farrel.

Good show! One day is way to little time to be there. If I see anybody else wearing 5.11 pants I’ll puke!

The highlight of the EAA booth was THE MODEL!!

:)

Any pics of that Henny?

Edited by Nemo

As for the 2007 Elite Gold Team, the word is 30-60 days as we're waiting for a large shipment from Italy. An important note is that the guns are shipped from EAA per date they were ordered, so the earlier you put your order in the greater the chance you'll get yours on the next shipment. We had a lot of interest for the guns at the show this year.

As for Witness Elite Limited they have them in stock in .40s&w and also .45acp.

The Witness Elite series can be ordered by any FFL holder as a special order direct from EAA. Contact your local guy and have him place the order for you.

I've got a large shipment of 40 mag bodies on order and a new type of magazine pad made out of Nevada. I'm hoping to have 21 + 1 magazines for the .40s&w available for sale in 1-2 months.

If you're interested contact me through my website; http://henningshootsguns.com

Whattayamean no IPSC???

Henning

It appears to be a new barrel/comp set up, I wonder if the barrel will be interchangeable with the the 06 models????? I guess it will depend on how much they took off he slide...

Edited by DrawandDuck

The frame/slide is basically the same length as the 2005 Stock model. You know, the long dustcover production gun that got banned after the World Shoot. Man, was that a sweet gun..

I didn't measure, but I'd say it's 1/3" shorter frame and slide. The comp will probably be available later this year and there's a chance it could be swapped out on a 2005-2006 model. The barrel would of course have to be drilled for ports, the old barrel cut and so on.

Eric's been testing the 2007 model for a while and says the muzzle-flip isn't much different from the 2006, but the gun is a lot shorter so it handles quicker. Just nicer to pick up, draw and shoot. So on.

I'm in the same boat as all you guys, I'm waiting for my 2007 model... As soon as I know more I'll let you know.

But if you want to modify the 2005-2006 models, what I do is open the port holes to be quite a bit bigger and comparing with the factory comp I like it a lot better. I used to shoot Vectan SP2 for many years since I was sponsored by them. It's a really flat shooting load, but it kicks like a mule. I ran out of SP2 last year and had to find a replacement. I talked to Max, Todd etc who all shoot IMR7625 and I'm totally in love with it. I use about 7.2 grains with a 124FMJ so it's a lot faster powder than my 9.5 grains of SP2. It jumps a little more for sure, but the gun is a lot softer to shoot. Also a lot more quiet. I had some old SP2 loads that I burnt up after shooting IMR7625 for a while, and there's no way I'll go back.

But, don't take my word for it. If you don't mind a serious recoil and haven't been beaten up yet... the SP2 (and Vit N105) shoots flatter than anything else I've tried.

Well, maybe except for my insane 17grains of N110 and a 115grain bullet we mustered to put in a 38 super case back in '95. It required a Dillon 1050, 2 powder measures, a custom built compression die and a RCBS crimp/seater-in-one. It was so much powder that only certain brass and bullet combination was strong enough to hold the bullet in place. But it shot like a 9x25... in a super!!

I don't think anyone else ever did that.

As for the 2007 Elite Gold Team, the word is 30-60 days as we're waiting for a large shipment from Italy. An important note is that the guns are shipped from EAA per date they were ordered, so the earlier you put your order in the greater the chance you'll get yours on the next shipment. We had a lot of interest for the guns at the show this year.

As for Witness Elite Limited they have them in stock in .40s&w and also .45acp.

The Witness Elite series can be ordered by any FFL holder as a special order direct from EAA. Contact your local guy and have him place the order for you.

I've got a large shipment of 40 mag bodies on order and a new type of magazine pad made out of Nevada. I'm hoping to have 21 + 1 magazines for the .40s&w available for sale in 1-2 months.

If you're interested contact me through my website; http://henningshootsguns.com

Thanks Henning!

Isn't the Gold Team .38 Super the same gun used by the multi-time Open World Champion Eric Graufel?

How much does it cost?

Assembled mag price & capacity?

Carlos,

yup. Eric has won 3 World Championships using the EAA Witness Elite Gold Team, or Tanfoglio as it's called in Europe. The 2007 retail price is $1,789 which is ridiculously cheap compared to all other ipsc open guns. I recommend the new two-sided alu mount from Alex in Canada (I carry them) with a C-More slideride 6moa ClickSwitch. Shoot it with Armscor 38 super rimless; nickel og brass don't matter. Feeds like a dream in the stock mags. The factory short mags hold 18, but can be modified to hold 19-20 by cutting the legs of the followers slightly. 170mm mags are currently nowhere to find, but Tanfoglio's mag-manufacturer is working on them. If that doesn't work out, we're going to have pads to make them 170mm in about 2 months. I have a 170mm mag I made back in '95 that I'm still using and it's still going strong. I holds 28 + 1. It is possible to make a mag hold 29 + 1, but it's a lot of trouble and I don't care for that extra round. So far I haven't suffered. Also when you switch to rimless, the extractor should be modified slightly to give the round some more tension. It's easy to do though.

If you're interested in getting the gun, get yours on order from EAA now through your local FFL dealer. Get in touch with me for mag setups etc and everything should fall in line to be setup by the time the snow's melted. (At least that goes for us here in Colorado...;-))

Henning

Vlad,

You are apparently not of the innovative type or able to see the possibilities this can create in other areas. You comment is rude and shortsighted. Non-slide means less muzzleflip, which in a different caliber and design could be useful in say for instance a steel challenge type competition with a 10-round 9mm gun. Thought of that? Also, with a different firing pin mechanism can increase the rate of fire which could be useful in military purposes. We should welcome new innovations instead of beat down on them.

Hmm, nope. Sorry, innovation is all good and fine, but this isn't it. Muzzleflip is not all about the slide moving, some of it is from the bore axis. Also, having to pick up your chambers is going to be a killer. Also having to load each chamber by hand for a match of 150 rounds is going to be a killer. So is the price of 150 chambers, which is the minium you would need for a single steel match, nevermind a good practice session. Then there is going to be the fact that you are using 150 chambers which are not all going to be identical. Chamber check ammo for that problem before your big match and let me know how it is going to work out for you. The military is not going to love a weapon system which requires steel chambers to be carried around for EVERY round of ammo they carry. I could build a car with hexagonal wheels because it would improve braking, but it is going to have some drawbacks

Sorry, but it is still a bad idea. We figured out how to handle moving parts a while ago.

Edited by Vlad