Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brave Journalists

clown

I remember waaaaay back when bullet proof vests first came out and a "more balls than brains" reporter volunteered to wear one while being shot with a .22 while being taped.

God it's funny to see stupid people to obviously stupid things and watch the fall-out.

BTW, pepper spray takes about 45 minutes to wear off. The real bad part is when you take a shower afterwards and get the chemicals back in your face again. Everyone always gets sprayed twice. Been there, done that. You can fight through it, but the other guy is going to win....

Rich Davis at Second Chance made quite a name for himself (and subsequently, a helluva lot o' money) by shooting himself with a 357 mag while wearing one of his vests. He did it on a good number of occasions, too.

That's trusting the folks down on the shop floor!

The LE model X26 delivers 50,000 volts for approx. 5 second bursts.

Every muscle in your body flexes/tenses up so you can not move or resist which gives officers a opportunity to control the suspect by handcuffing them.

I rode the lighting for 5 seconds and it was the worst feeling in my life but once the electricty was shut off your body will completly colapse and your muscles will return to their normal activity.

This tool for LE is a great one because it gives up another option to use against a combative subject when other means have failed.

Just my 2 cents worth for you all.

Yep, Taser's are a great tool for L.E.. Made use of my issued Taser already :D

The Taser has 2 ways to deploy, one with the probes and the other is a drive stun. Both modes deliver 50,000 volts :blink: The greater the spread of the probes, the more muscle groups are affected. The drive stun or contact is mainly for pain compliance as it affects the surface area more than the muscles.

I have been hit with the Taser M26 and the X26. The updated X26 now comes with more and faster pulses in the delivery :D

Much rather take a Taser shot than OC anyday :wacko: .

All people have to do is listen to the nice police officer and they won't get tazed :)

barry B)