Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Florida 3-gun

Looks like I will be heading to the Ft Walton Beach area for the better part of the year (After April). Where can a feller shoot around them parts?

Thanks..

The closest multi-gun even in Central to Ft Walton beach are the ones held at the Hernando Sportsman's club. http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/ The calendar on this site is off though.. Basically every 2nd Saturday we run an Action rifle match. Every 3rd month we do a full 3-gun match. Every 4th Saturday is a 2-gun match (shotgun/pistol.) Every month with 5 sundays we do a He-Man match. We use IMG based rules.

This is not to say it's close to Ft Walton beach, mind you! That's just the closest set of matches to the FL Panhandle that I am aware of. S. Georgia may have some others. I

It is about two hours north but check out www.tristategunclub.org there usually is 5 or 6 3 gun matches there a year. The range is 20 minutes or so from Dothan Al. The fella that puts on the match does a real good job w/range constraints, his long range rifle (120 yrds.) has had some fun tight shoots on small autopoppers. It is worth the drive you may also want to look in Tallahassee I think they have some.

baa had the scheduling 99% right. Here's how it works at Hernando.

Break the year up into 4 quarters beginning in January, just like in accounting 101. In the first month of the quarter on the second saturday is a 3-gun. The other two months is Action rifle.

Every 4th saturday (12 per year) is a 2 gun (pistol/shotgun) and every month that has a 5th sunday (4 or 5 per year) is a HM 3-gun.

It's still quite a long drive from Ft. Walton. The good news is if you come down for the weekend to Weeki Watchi for the water park, water slides & mermaid show, we're just 8 miles down the road.

Mike, As SONO said, TriState Gun Club did five 3-gun/Multigun matches last year. The Oct match incorporated several Area 6 stages and the Nov match incorporated some of the Ft Benning stages. I have a web site at: www.tristateshooter.org that shows match results and stage designs for the last couple of matches.

This year we will probably do six multigun matches in Feb, Apr, May, Sep, Oct, and Nov. Haven't locked these into stone though. Generally I post the stage designs at least 1 week prior to the matches. We have been using USPSA rules and will probably continue. We send in classifier and match reports to USPSA.

Our matches are on the 2nd Sat of each month (unless there is a holiday or unusual circumstance). Matches are usually set up on the Friday before the match except for paper. We do final setup statring at 0830 and usually can start shooting by 0930 or so. We try to keep the squads to about 7 or 8 to speed things up. Generally we are finished by 1230 or 1300. We will generally try to run 5 or 6 stages. Most will be multigun. Our match fee is $15.00.

Thanks all. I should have the weekends off and I don't mind driving a couple hours for a match or just to meet and shoot with folks from down there. I even like to get places the afternoon before and pull my weight helping to set up. I am looking forward to going down there, especially since I was in Japan for 6 months last year..

Thanks all and keep 'em coming..

Mike

Looks like I will be heading to the Ft Walton Beach area for the better part of the year (After April). Where can a feller shoot around them parts?

Thanks..

The closest multi-gun even in Central to Ft Walton beach are the ones held at the Hernando Sportsman's club. http://www.hernandosportsmansclub.com/ The calendar on this site is off though.. Basically every 2nd Saturday we run an Action rifle match. Every 3rd month we do a full 3-gun match. Every 4th Saturday is a 2-gun match (shotgun/pistol.) Every month with 5 sundays we do a He-Man match. We use IMG based rules.

This is not to say it's close to Ft Walton beach, mind you! That's just the closest set of matches to the FL Panhandle that I am aware of. S. Georgia may have some others. I

I think I might attend a match there, My wonderful mother-in-law lives near Harnando