Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Las Vegas Finest Ad

newshooter

I think we have seen this before. Something about decocking and it AD'd.

Yes it was here before. She decocked it alright, she pulled the fr!***n trigger. Hope she works at mickeyD now.------------Larry

Last I heard, about a year after the incident, she was still on the job.

• 2 months later...

I am glad that someone had the presence of mind to video the incident. The only way to "maybe" get them fired, but still unlikely in this PC country, is to hold them up to the light. Show everyone what incompetence looks like and get rid of it, especially if it carries an undeserved badge and gun.

Pity the poor guy who has to work with her. I wonder if she got promoted for that one?

If possible, every incident should be videoed - it protects the police from false claims and protects people from incompetent cops.

Edited by Viggen

If possible, every incident should be videoed - it protects the police from false claims and protects people from incompetent cops.

+100

I've always been a big fan of video systems in cop cars and when conducting operations, if possible. If you aren't doing something wrong, why would you care if it's taped?

My only caveat to that is that there are times when what you see on video doesn't either tell the whole story, or it's something that the public may not understand. The classic case is a bad guy with a knife getting shot when he's 10yds away from a bunch of cops and won't listen to their commands. The normal person on the street doesn't think it's reasonable to use lethal force in the situation, but that's because they don't know any better...if they'd seen even a training video on this situation they'd know different.

On the actual video it was shown to us in training and there was a detailed explanation of what happened. I don't recall all the specifics of it now, but I think it was that she was doing something with her left hand (maybe attempting to work the decocker/safety) and she sympathetically pulled the trigger with her right hand when she used the muscles on her left hand. The theory was explained to us such that when do something like make a fist with one hand the other one wants to do the same thing. Have someone throw a ball at your head and try to only lift one hand to block it....hard to do and you'll usually move the other hand a little bit the first couple times...something along those lines.

Thank God she stopped aiming at the guy prior to the AD....I'll bet money that department teaches officers to lower the weapon just below the target, asses the threat, and then decock/engage the safety. There was a huge failure in one part of her training (rule #1), but another part of it may have saved a life or two.

Edited by G-ManBart

The gun fired so she obviously pulled the trigger. Her "partner" was lucky and just got hit by fragments in his knee.

This video is so old she has probably retired by now and goes fishing with the chap who shot himself in that classroom full of kids.