Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not Completely New, But It's A Fair Question

Scott Butler

Why is it mandatory for USPSA/IPSC shooters, that want to get classified, to be forced to give money to the NRA? I can understand becoming a member of USPSA/IPSC, but the NRA.....

If it's for insurance or something, why can't the IPSC/USPSA get in on this requirement?

Scott (Just wondering?) B

Edited by Scott Butler

Why is it mandatory for USPSA/IPSC shooters, that want to get classified, to be forced to give money to the NRA? I can understand becoming a member of USPSA/IPSC, but the NRA..... If it's for insurance or something, why can't the IPSC/USPSA get in on this requirement?Scott (Just wondering?) B

Some clubs, including mine, require it because the NRA is, by far, the most effective organization supporting our continued right to keep and bear arms. Without them, I strongly suspect there would be no IPSC, USPSA, IDPA or any other shooting organization in the US. We all would have been disarmed years ago.

I don't always agree with the NRA, but the things we do agree on are far more important than those we don't agree on. YMMV.

Lee

I've never been asked for my NRA card and I don't believe I have any idea where it is. OTOH, I'd be shocked if our club is less than 95% NRA members.

Perhaps it's something that started with one local club and the rest thought it was a good idea?