Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing The Powder Stains In The Plastic Powder Drop

I got a couple of Dillon powder drops that were acquired second hand. The previous owner never emptied the powder out of them and they are stained so brown you almost can not see through them.

I tried sticking them in the ultra sonic with a 50/50 simple green mix. No luck, Anyone know of something better??

I got a couple of Dillon powder drops that were acquired second hand. The previous owner never emptied the powder out of them and they are stained so brown you almost can not see through them.

I tried sticking them in the ultra sonic with a 50/50 simple green mix. No luck, Anyone know of something better??

Glooooock wrote

The powder eats the plastic , deteriorating it . Most popular powder measures sell spares as a basic consumable part item. Chuck it and by a new one.

Hello; On cars they call it patina ;-). The only way I can see to clean the plastic up would be to polish it to remove the surface stain. There is no way to tell how deep the stain is though. Polishing the inside is going to be difficult as well. Thanks Eric

I have a sure fire way to get them clean again. Works without fail, just send me five bucks and I will share the secret. Well I guess I shouldnt do that, so here it is. Call Dillon and they will replace them, gotta love them folks.----------Larry