Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western 3-gun

Rocket35

• 2 weeks later...

Yo Rocket,

Careful not to mention W3G and Cowboy Action Shooting in the same sentence. That will usually get you hung in New Mexico. W3G is a spin off of SASS and is quiet different from what you knew. My only regret is that SASS would not take W3G in as a catagory, so we are on the outside looking in.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been shooting Western 3 Gun for a couple of years. There aren't too many clubs around the country yet, still growing. I've been to the last 2 World Cup matches in Piru, Ca. They really go all out on setting up the stages. You have the chance to shoot on the move and also many targets have knockouts in the center of the targets for a minus one second bonus. It puts more of a premium on accuracy. At the World Cup they have amateur and pro divisions. The pro division pays a higher entrance fee and have cash and prizes. Amateurs get very nice plaques for prizes. The monthly matches are for bragging rights only. SASS shooters can shoot the match at any speed they feel comfortable and safe.

• 2 weeks later...

No power factor. There is a big discussion on the SASS board about possible future power factors or a couple of specific categories with power factors. Here's a link to a local W3G stage in Sacramento. The video is shot with a camera on a headset to give you a shooters eye view. We use cardboard sillouete targets with a scoring ring in the center and steel plates. This is shooting with all blackpowder loads 44 special handguns, 44-40 rifle and 12 guage double barrel shotgun. www.gc3g.com/Vids/October05/SmokinGator.wmv

Edited by MHicks