Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Svi Mag Well For Single Stack

midvalleyshooter

Does anyone use the SVI mag well on a single stack? If so how does it work for you? What magazine/pad combo do you use. Does it fit in the box? It appears to have the biggest opening, are there any spots where a mag can hang up inside the opening?. It comes in aluminum to save weight. Check it out here towards the bottom, titled "Traditional Frame Mag Well":

http://www.sviguns.com/store/

Thanks,

Keith

Does anyone use the SVI mag well on a single stack? If so how does it work for you? What magazine/pad combo do you use. Does it fit in the box? It appears to have the biggest opening, are there any spots where a mag can hang up inside the opening?. It comes in aluminum to save weight. Check it out here towards the bottom, titled "Traditional Frame Mag Well":

Thanks,

Keith

I installed one on a Kimber Gold Match and I thought it worked very well. Dont know if it fit in the box, have never had to pass the "test," and now shoot Limited.

It replaced a S&A that had been fit and blended. There was still a small "lip" in the opening where the opening of the Magwell was larger than the opening on the gun. I did the filing and cold bluing myself and mated them up perfectly. Maybe 15 minutes of work with a small file.

I had some flat bottom AllumaGrips on the gun, and the magwell would not work with them. I used a pair of old Kimber black rubber grips, which took a little "massaging" to get the magwell to fit over them, but worked just fine.

It did not come with instructions and took me some figuring as you install the MSH, then the Magwell, then tighten two allen screws through the bottom magwell, which "snugs up" the magwell. I'm not the brightest, some may have seen the deal right off.

I'd post some pics, but alas the digital camera made one two many trips to a very sandy dusty "adventure camp" overseas and now doesnt work :( .

Edited by CDRODA396

Thanks,

Keith

I installed one on a Kimber Gold Match and I thought it worked very well. Dont know if it fit in the box, have never had to pass the "test," and now shoot Limited.

It replaced a S&A that had been fit and blended. There was still a small "lip" in the opening where the opening of the Magwell was larger than the opening on the gun. I did the filing and cold bluing myself and mated them up perfectly. Maybe 15 minutes of work with a small file.

I had some flat bottom AllumaGrips on the gun, and the magwell would not work with them. I used a pair of old Kimber black rubber grips, which took a little "massaging" to get the magwell to fit over them, but worked just fine.

It did not come with instructions and took me some figuring as you install the MSH, then the Magwell, then tighten two allen screws through the bottom magwell, which "snugs up" the magwell. I'm not the brightest, some may have seen the deal right off.

I'd post some pics, but alas the digital camera made one two many trips to a very sandy dusty "adventure camp" overseas and now doesnt work :( .

The magwell fits the box with Wilson 47d pads.

other base pads may have to be trimed

pat