Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

High Capacity Ar Magazines

L9X25

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My DPMS' I bought last year are weld-ups, but they're beautifully done, and - if you didn't look at the inside of the mag and see the bead - you'd be hard pressed to detect that they are indeed welded.

Huh. Shows how much I know. :huh:

(Or maybe N2IPSC just has too much time on his hands, if he's got nuthin' better to do than sit around lookin' inside mag tubes :P:P:P )

Edited by bgary

Mick,

We beat that up a couple of months ago. While I'm pro 30 round mag limits for Limited and Tactical (because we do limit mag capacity in other divisions of USPSA) it doesn't appear to ever going to happen. The argument was that Limited and Tac guys apparently don't want to do reloads.

For the record I shoot Open 3-Gun like 99% of the time and my longest mag are 40's (and will admittedly try some of the DPMS 45's but I will not EVER use a Beta).

Rich

I only shoot Tactical anymore and prefer 20s but will use 30s if I have to where there isn't room or time to reload. I also only use my 16" COLT because that is what we use at work. We had the debate on long vs. short already... Id still be shooting LTD if my eyes weren't 51!!!

mn

(Or maybe N2IPSC just has too much time on his hands, if he's got nuthin' better to do than sit around lookin' inside mag tubes :P:P:P )

Damn - now you made me lose my place - was that really 1000 patches in that bag, or only 998? :blink::lol:

We beat that up a couple of months ago. While I'm pro 30 round mag limits for Limited and Tactical (because we do limit mag capacity in other divisions of USPSA) it doesn't appear to ever going to happen. The argument was that Limited and Tac guys apparently don't want to do reloads.

I bet ya 2 dolla if you put a poll up at the USPSA website the #'s would indicate that a slim majority of ACTUAL USPSA members would want to limit Lim/Tactical to 30 rounds.

I bet ya 2 dolla if you put a poll up at the USPSA website the #'s would indicate that a slim majority of ACTUAL USPSA members would want to limit Lim/Tactical to 30 rounds.

If it's been beat to death let's leave it otherwise lets take over with a coup and do it our way!!!

There's never been a poll. Or at least I've never seen a poll put up. It can't be dead yet.

No magazine limits for LTD or TAC. Enough of MY gear was made useless with the current rule changes.

Been seing stages set up with 32 to 35 rounds. Gun start is unloaded, load/reload from belt. Your basically firing from box A. Beta is useless here, but the Course designer has 40 round mags. So you go out and get a 45 round DPMS mag or try and get one of those cheap 40 to function.

$90 for ONE 45 round mag!!?? I just paid $55 for 5 C Products LLC 30 rounders including delivery...

I got the gray teflon finish with the chrome silicon springs and the new gray magpul followers... I was impressed at the quality!

I'll be buying a bunch more in case Queen Hillary gets too close to the White House...

There's never been a poll. Or at least I've never seen a poll put up. It can't be dead yet.

No magazine limits for LTD or TAC. Enough of MY gear was made useless with the current rule changes.

Been seing stages set up with 32 to 35 rounds. Gun start is unloaded, load/reload from belt. Your basically firing from box A. Beta is useless here, but the Course designer has 40 round mags. So you go out and get a 45 round DPMS mag or try and get one of those cheap 40 to function.

And your DPMS 45 rounders work 100%????

I'm with you Mick. For Lim and Tactical it just makes sense. Brownell's 30 rounders are the heat! Right out of the wrapper than run like a champ. In my older 30's they all have Magpul followers and ISMI springs. Run perfect!!!

I just think that Limited and Tactical should be definable as "close to stock". That's all. 30 round mags are standard. 40, 45, 90 & 100 round mags are "race"-type stuff and should be reserved for Open.

Rich

I'm with you Mick. For Lim and Tactical it just makes sense. Brownell's 30 rounders are the heat! Right out of the wrapper than run like a champ. In my older 30's they all have Magpul followers and ISMI springs. Run perfect!!!

I just think that Limited and Tactical should be definable as "close to stock". That's all. 30 round mags are standard. 40, 45, 90 & 100 round mags are "race"-type stuff and should be reserved for Open.

Rich

I don't think Brownell's will admit it but I was told C Products LLC made their 20s and 30 rounds mags. Look close especially at the curved 20s...

Apparently we won't see a change in the capacity restrictions for TAC/LTD but if Queen Hillary gets aboard that could change...

I was just at AR15.com and was reminded why we can't buy real US surplus ammo...Bill's executive order from 1997. Those are hardly ever overturned by another President.

$90 for ONE 45 round mag!!?? I just paid $55 for 5 C Products LLC 30 rounders including delivery...

I got the gray teflon finish with the chrome silicon springs and the new gray magpul followers... I was impressed at the quality!

I'll be buying a bunch more in case Queen Hillary gets too close to the White House...

And your DPMS 45 rounders work 100%????

Will find out Sunday. There USGI bodies so they should work.

I don't think Brownell's will admit it but I was told C Products LLC made their 20s and 30 rounds mags. Look close especially at the curved 20s...

Brownells Manufacturing division makes their magazines...they set up their own production facility after problems with a previous outsourced vendor.

Brownells Manufacturing division makes their magazines...they set up their own production facility after problems with a previous outsourced vendor.

You have seen this facility? I'd almost be willing to bet money they don't...

They might assemble mag bodies with springs and followers but I'm real sure they don't make their mag bodies...

You have seen this facility? I'd almost be willing to bet money they don't...

They might assemble mag bodies with springs and followers but I'm real sure they don't make their mag bodies...

I personally know the guy in charge of the project, and he filled me in on almost everything they had to go through to get the military contract. Never seen the facility myself, but even if they aren't doing every step on site...it all has to meet military requirements for quality control, which are pretty stringent. The civilian magazines are made exactly the same way, they just can't have the cage code on them the military ones do.

I know for certain they aren't using C products components. People I know have had problems with C products magazines. People I know at large companies have told me they had problems with C products magazines. The most critical step in making AR15 magazines is welding the two halves together...if this isn't done consistently there will be problems.

I am frequenlty amused by these "guess the original source" posts I see all over various gun forums....the only thing that matters is the one on the side. That is the company you will be dealing with when you have problems. So what if you know who really made it. It doesn't have their name on it, and they're not going to help you. Brownells did put out a bad bunch of magazines from a certain subcontractor, a few years ago...they replaced all these mags with new good ones for anyone that wanted them, or issued refunds. I have a couple new Brownell's mags and they work just fine

Edited by SinistralRifleman

I've had nothing but good luck with C Product's mags. Larry will make anything right that doesn't seem to work but then I have never seen one fail or heard of anyone who has.

The guys on arfcom seem to love them but most are not competitiors so who knows how they shoot. He is making the 6.5 Grendel and 7.63x39 mags that actually work for a change.

I've had good luck with the Brownell's mags as well.

Stock up now. Dick Morris said Hillary has as good a chance as anybody to be elected Queen and she will likely do the executive orders to get her agenda done!!

Bill shot us down with that order in '97 forbiding any US surplus ammo coming back to civilians...