Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Source For Zero Bullets?

G-ManBart

I just got a note back from Chuck at Shooters Connection saying he won't be carrying Zero bullets now because they've added a new charge to their shipping policy. Does anyone have an idea who has the best prices on them? I've looked at Roze Dist, but their prices aren't as good as Chuck's were. If I'd only ordered the bullets last week like I planned on....d'oh.

+1 both for Angus and Targetbarn. Will probably come down to freight to NM. I believe Agnus is closer to you.

Angus ships via USPS flat rate box and $8.10 (IIRC) and you can get up to 3000 9mm/38 super bullets in one of those boxes.

I get my bullets from Terry Labbe at Magnus Bullets. He gets his jacketed bullets from Zero, He also supplies cast bullets to Zero. He is located just north of Zero in Al.

He is a bullseye shooter and very helpful. If you need anything not normally carried that Zero makes he can get it.

I will admit he is also a friend of mine

http://www.magnusbullets.com/

Zero went up 10% today and added 5.00 per box for drop ship orders. Funny Montana Gold went down. Agnus and I were in a price war so with me out of the picture I doubt he will have the pressure on him to keep the prices as low as they are right now. To be honest it was to the point I hated to take bullet orders because I had got it to the point they were more trouble than they were worth. Zero will not make a new box to utilize the flat rate box without the labor involved now. The way they are being shipped now is really half assed. So you ad those things to the new price increases and fees and I decided to drop them.

Will I carry Zero again? Not unless some things change. Will i carry another bullet brand, not sure yet.

Angus includes shipping in his price on Zero's. I am ordering 3000 for 164 shipped (9mm 125JHP)..

Powder valley is a little cheaper, but they charge shipping..

Mike

I included shipping also. Shipping is only 8.10 for 3000 so compare wisely. And get them before these people have to raise their prices.

Angus includes shipping in his price on Zero's. I am ordering 3000 for 164 shipped (9mm 125JHP)..

Powder valley is a little cheaper, but they charge shipping..

Mike

I included shipping also. Shipping is only 8.10 for 3000 so compare wisely. And get them before these people have to raise their prices.

I know that Chuck, I ordered all of mine through you :) . I hate to hear that you won't be carrying them anymore. Now I'm going to have to save all my bullet money and just buy one of Dan's guns through you!! ;)

Mike

To Chuck's point, there is a widespread rumor, correct or otherwise, that significant ammunition and component price increases are going to hit right after the SHOT show.

Not just after SHOT, but just about quarterly. Prices have been steadily rising on all ammo and it's components to the tune of a 5% average per quarter for the past two years. Also, freight costs are rising at a steady clip following gas prices.

As older inventories are cleared out and you can't cost average any more, prices take bigger and bigger jumps. And to be honest, 4.99 a box 9mm ball was a loss leader for manufacturers. The story goes that a certain ammo manufacturer's VP got paid his bonus on production numbers rather than sales figures, so an enterprising wholesale buyer cut a deal that made the VP rich on production bonus money and gave the shooting world new, low prices on ball ammo. Other manufacturers and wholesalers in the industry scrambled to match these low prices, that was the course of things for just less than a decade. Several macro economic factors have contributed to recent price increases. A few factors include: Clinton's emasculation of the military ammo plants, combined with new conflicts involving US troops, compounded with an explosion in oil prices and metal prices and a dash of corporate buyouts/mergers. It doesn't help matters that China is buying steel like a drunken sailor buys rum.

I think middle man hit the nail on the head with rising cost.

I use Hornaday Hap's and just bought 5 cases of 3000 for 178.00 last week and today the price is 260.00 for the same case...

The high fuel prices and metal cost are going to affect us all big time

Lerou

Rose is zero selling at retail. It will almost always be cheaper to deal with a volume distributor than Rose. They have to maintain some sort of price structure since it is Zero themselves. Also Rose has already implemented th price increase where as some distributors have not followed the Zero price increase yet.

I think middle man hit the nail on the head with rising cost.

I use Hornaday Hap's and just bought 5 cases of 3000 for 178.00 last week and today the price is 260.00 for the same case...

The high fuel prices and metal cost are going to affect us all big time

Lerou

So true. I assume the manufacturers are working off their old stocks, and now ratcheting up prices due to replacement costs. Lead is off about 12% though since October (but more than triple up since 2002); Copper is off about 20%-25% or so since July (but was up over triple from just couple years back). Oil is down as well, but only marginally.

The experts say we are in a generational bull market in base metals...and we have not seen anywhere near the end.

I hadn't priced Sierra match 6.5 bullets since I bought a load several years ago...until tonight. Ugh. Wow.

So, at what point do you cut back dramatically in how much you shoot?