Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ever Use An Umbrella To Catch Your Brass?

If you have been to one of these franchise restaurants lately, you will be amazed by the amount of memorbilla (yard sale junk?) they have on the walls and ceiling. I won't mention how cookie cutter like all these restaurants are getting to be.

Well, on this last outting, I noticed a large upside down umbrella hanging from the ceiling.

DING!

DING!

DING!

That would be perfect for catching brass!!!

Anyone ever thought of that or do that before?

It would probably only work best on non-windy days.

Much grass!

I did a search first, honest, I did.

The umbrella I saw at the restaurant was not your run of the mill keep you from getting soaked el cheapo umbrella.

It was not made from that thin synthetic material you normally see.

Besides if you shoot those gamer loads, your brass isn't going to be that hot when it hits the umbrella.

alright shred, we all be waiting anxiously for that article.

Ya know what....I think I just came up with a use for those big old satellite dishes from the '80's.

Nah.....too much of a hassle to transport to the range and back.

LOL!

CED is advertising a 54X72" mesh brass mat for $34.95 with weighted corners. Not sure I could make one as nice cheaper.

The drop cloth I use is 9"x12" (108"x144") and was $10 at Home Depot. There's cheap solutions already out there. I bought a couple and they're part of my practice range kit.

CED is advertising a 54X72" mesh brass mat for $34.95 with weighted corners. Not sure I could make one as nice cheaper.

The drop cloth I use is 9"x12" (108"x144") and was $10 at Home Depot. There's cheap solutions already out there. I bought a couple and they're part of my practice range kit.

I tried that first but even rocks at the 4 corners and the sides the wind still rolled it up, maybe I'll try again with 18" yard spikes. Something to do with average 20-30MPH winds, Great Falls is second only to Wyoming for wind.

I tried that first but even rocks at the 4 corners and the sides the wind still rolled it up, maybe I'll try again with 18" yard spikes. Something to do with average 20-30MPH winds, Great Falls is second only to Wyoming for wind.

Oh, gotcha. I use my range bag to weight the cloth if it's windy. We get some good wind in the Boise area too, and I really have to question whether the CED mesh drop cloth has enough weight combined with the pass-thru quality of the mesh to prevent getting blow away too.

Someone buy it and let me know... :lol::lol::lol:

Mesh is good. I've used a variety of mesh-mats over the years. It's not wind-proof, but a lot more wind-resistant. The downside is the plastic mesh that's currently available at Home Depot & the like isn't as good as what they used to carry, but it still does work. A couple boxes of ammo on the corners or spare steel plates and you're good to go.