Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stage Video

Supermoto

Not bad. When you get to the port, you never really have a decent stance until the last shot. Look at your right foot, at that angle I don't see how you can be putting any pressure down on it. No matter what the shooting postition (port, etc) you need to have a stable platform to shoot from. If the port is lower than your normal stance, simply bend your knees, nothing too elaborate.

ETA: Good smooth draw, but try snapping that hand up. You need to be relaxed, but still explode at the beep and you'll drop some time off the draw.

ETA #2: Whenever you're shooting through a port or other obstacle, keep the gun out of it! It makes you feel cramped and not shoot well, not to mention I've had the gun hit the port. Might result in a jam or skinned fingers or worse, a broken gun.

Edited by Matt Cheely

Ouch that looks like your left hand could be burnin.

PS I would have considered gaming it by pulling on the rope so I could run and shoot targets at a run at "contact distance" Course that might be too "hot" to do or silly with no gain, I don't know since I wasn't there.

I thought as Matt did, Bank one and two were great but your transistions on the third were at least a second or more.

Note to self. Dig out that pair of stupid shooting gloves :wacko:

Thanks guys.

Yeah seeing my stance shooting through the port, well it was bad enough for me to build a dry fire course with ports to shoot thru. I wasted alot of time hopping on my front foot. it looked like I was shooting with one broken leg

not to mention the lack of balance

On a port, if it is on the last array, would putting the gun thru the port as long as its all the way thru make shooting an array with a lot a space between the target benificial. or should I always keep the gun out of a port no matter what?

Edited by Supermoto

Unless I have to put the gun through the port to get a hit on a target, I always stay out of the port. You should strive to be ready to shoot as soon as you can see the target. I come into a port ready to shoot as soon as the target appears, arms extended just like normal. This won't be the case if you stick the gun through the port, find the target, and then shoot. It's going to be slower.

Unless I have to put the gun through the port to get a hit on a target, I always stay out of the port. You should strive to be ready to shoot as soon as you can see the target. I come into a port ready to shoot as soon as the target appears, arms extended just like normal. This won't be the case if you stick the gun through the port, find the target, and then shoot. It's going to be slower.

Thanks Matt, I just practice this with dry fire. Helped alot

Edited by Supermoto

Wow. What did the lefties think of that stage? :blink:

-Chet

Being left handed, I was thinking the same thing. It looks fun but I wonder if it would be a 'legal' stage. Maybe I can't tell it from the video but it looks like it would be a huge disadvantage to the lefties.