Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550 Case Feed Problem

Took the time yesterdat to set up my X-mas gift, strong mount, 550 case feeder and bullet tray. Look for a lengthy how to with tons of 5 meg pics.

At any rate, I get no bounce back, no upside down cases, no issues on the actual press side.

Where I am getting a problem is in the case feeder bowl. I am loading .38spl so I installed the washer on my LARGE shell plate on the underside of the plate in between the shell plate and the clutch. I even broke out the Snap-On torque wrench and re torqued to 5in/lbs.

I installed the shell plate into and EMPTY (just out of the box) bowl. I then added 200 pieces of .38 brass. Ran through 30 rounds then nothing, shell plate not roataing. had to get on a stool to find that more than one piece of brass had made its way into the cut out in the shell plate and was binding it up. She the case feeder off and gently roated the shell plate counterclockwise untill the 2 pieces of brass did not have so much pressure on them then I was able to unlodge the 2nd piece. Turned the case feeder on and was able to run off another 20 b4 the same thing happened again.

This happened 7 times in 450 rounds. Am I doing something wrong? Help!!!

Had problems with 38sp also on my 650, which went away by removing the washer. They actually got through the holes and got stuck underneath the disc, or sometimes 2 cases got stuck in one hole in the disc, blocking it completely.