Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Whew!

imashooter2

That stench that hit you around 2:00 today was me shooting my first IPSC match with the 625.

U - G - L - Y, ugly! :o

On the bright side, I won division since no one else showed up with a round gun. Anyway, I really enjoyed it and I believe I'll have to try it again. Nowhere to go but up...

Congrats !! .......on coming in first.

I didn't start this game until April of this year, at age 63. ( Thank you Mr. Carmoney)

In four club matches and one Level III, I think I managed not to come in last once, but I didn't DQ, and I'm going to give it hell this year!

I'm looking for AARP to sponsor me along with Sam Carmoney.

Gotta start somewhere, just like the rest of us. :)

Congrats on having the guts to do it, I know way too many that don't <_<

Hopalong

LOL! No guts invloved. I'm no threat to the leaders in any of the games I shoot. I'm in it for the fun, and shooting revolvers on the clock is fun!

Welcome to the REVO-lution, Ima!

We all know the feeling of been the only revo at a match. When that is the case, I compare myself with the singlestack or L10 guys. If I beat some of them, I'm happy.

I shoot IDPA and at this time the only one in the area shooting a wheelie.

I'm having more fun than the bottom feeders anyway.

I suffer great ridicule, an old man (57) shooting an old gun.

Tough it out and you'll see that your having more fun.

RePete.

Edited by RePete

imashooter2

I too started shooting IPSC last year. I am a Canadian and regularly shoot with the Canadian IPSC Revolver Champion and another guy who taught the Champ how to shoot. You don't need to be a genius to know where I always end up.

But I had more fun, this past year, than most 57 year old guys. I am getting better, I couldn't get worse. Don't know if I will get to an acceptable level before senility sets in!!!!

Enjoy yourself. It is a great sport. For the most part the shooters are first class. And that one day when you get it all together and beat one of those good shooters, on one stage, it is a GREAT feeling.

I am now in Florida for the winter and have signed up for Frank Garcia's two day course at Frostproof. I am determined to get better, even if I go broke trying. Have fun.

Rod

imashooter2

I too started shooting IPSC last year. I am a Canadian and regularly shoot with the Canadian IPSC Revolver Champion and another guy who taught the Champ how to shoot. You don't need to be a genius to know where I always end up.

But I had more fun, this past year, than most 57 year old guys. I am getting better, I couldn't get worse. Don't know if I will get to an acceptable level before senility sets in!!!!

Enjoy yourself. It is a great sport. For the most part the shooters are first class. And that one day when you get it all together and beat one of those good shooters, on one stage, it is a GREAT feeling.

I am now in Florida for the winter and have signed up for Frank Garcia's two day course at Frostproof. I am determined to get better, even if I go broke trying. Have fun.

Rod

You must be talking about Alf M and Paul L.

imashooter2

Rod

I shoot a lot of matches with slughammer and I generally feel pretty good about my day if I'm inside twice what his times are. That's PA Steel League and ICORE though... I've only shot 4 IPSC matches so far and it's considerably more complex than either of those games were. I'm still working on planning out a stage and then actually executing the plan. Shoot and move is definately what I want to do though, and there aren't enough ICORE and Run & Gun events at Ontelaunee to feed my Jones. I tried IDPA and it just didn't call to me. So IPSC it shall be! I'll get the hang of it.

imashooter2

Rod

You must be talking about Alf M and Paul L.

RePete

Exactly, in fact I was on the phone to Alf for 20 minutes today, talking about IPSC matches in April.

Paul has always told me he can miss faster than me, which is 100% correct. He can also hit A's ALOT faster than me.

Hope to see you in the spring at a match. If either of those two are there, I won't be far behind.

Rod

• 4 weeks later...

good going Imashooter2. I remember one of my early six shooter matches. Only two revo shooters, myself (56 yrs. old mod 10 shooter) and a young lady shooting a mod 625, a teenager I do believe. She beat me. I do understand the meaning of being humble in defeat. I could blame it on my trifocals or using a speed loader or shooting minor, but in the end I have to blame it on just plain being outclassed. Oh well, practice, practice, practice.