Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hoser Stage

Sunuva

Once apon a time, I made a stage of fire that covered the area of a football field. Total rounds on this stage was 85rounds! First shot had to be taken at the start line....100yards on a standard size popper, then rest of targets could be engaged as they became visible(while staying on the "trail"). I ran the timer for everyone that wanted to shoot it! No one complained, as it wasn't a completely "legal" stage of fire....but it sure let you shoot some rounds during a real "Run and Gun"!!

56 rounds is for beginners! I go to a match, I expect to be able to shoot at least 400rounds.....the low count stages of fire, and 3 or maybe 4 total stages isn't fun....and isn't worth my entry fee and gas money!

Just venting due to low round count stages!

Scott B

Once apon a time, I made a stage of fire that covered the area of a football field. Total rounds on this stage was 85rounds! First shot had to be taken at the start line....100yards on a standard size popper, then rest of targets could be engaged as they became visible(while staying on the "trail"). I ran the timer for everyone that wanted to shoot it! No one complained, as it wasn't a completely "legal" stage of fire....but it sure let you shoot some rounds during a real "Run and Gun"!!

56 rounds is for beginners! I go to a match, I expect to be able to shoot at least 400rounds.....the low count stages of fire, and 3 or maybe 4 total stages isn't fun....and isn't worth my entry fee and gas money!

Scott B

That sounds hellacool!

Scott B

That sounds hellacool!

I would even shoot it with a SS :unsure:

Scott B

That sounds hellacool!

I would even shoot it with a SS :unsure:

Imagine that for production! You would need several quad mag pouches! Or the backpack from Tomb Raider. I think that bumps me to Open though. :rolleyes:

some would say that the targets are so close that it's pointless and that this kind of stage only test one's ability to pull the trigger quickly and that it's basicly a waste of ammo.

I on the other had say, Man this is soo much fun that I can't stop doing it!!!

P.S. - Living in Louisiana, I get to see Blake shoot regularly. How'd they get the film into that sorta slow motion mode?????

• 1 month later...

his mag changes were done before he took more than one step. I guess the lesson would be get the mag change done Before your second step.....or you will be galloping across the stage trying to seat that mag. Might be little easier with a mag funnel...Your really going to have to concentrate on watching the mag go in with any gun, especially if using a production gun. God he's fast. I notice he stays real low and runs with out his head bobbing up and down.

• 1 month later...