Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Children Of Men

ErikW

Blade Runner meets V for Vendetta meets Terminator 2. Nice action scenes, but I'm disappointed the anti-hero protagonist never even picks up a gun. Like Vendetta in that it takes place in England, but it is commenting on the U.S.

The anti-climactic ending will leave a lot of people disappointed.

If anybody else was reading the newspaper headlines when Clive Owen first met Julianne Moore and saw, "U.S. Nukes Kazakhstan," did you see a subhead about Borat? My brother swears he saw his name. I wouldn't doubt it based on the humor in the movie. (Gotta love legal Questor and illegal ganja.)

+1 to Erik's assessment... this is not the feel-good movie of the winter!

My wife hated the ending... I thought it left you with just enough hope, and underscored the message of the whole flick... the decay into authoritarianism...

I just saw both movies mentioned and I actually really enjoyed Children of men. Borat is my favorite character of the ali g show, but I was pretty bored with it after the rodeo scene. I just watched a bit of the HBO series and I think borat the movie could of been a bit more controversial. It's amazing how cable tv can get so out of control, yet the movie really played it safe.I recently read that Borat really upset Khazastan, until the recent increase of tourism and acknowledgement of the countries existance. leave it to a jew to put an arab country on the map... even if he totally insulted their way of life. Children of men was non stop insanity from the begining until the ending which i agree lacked the excitement of the first 9/10ths of it. great story nonetheless.