Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

550 Noob ?'s

I just stepped up from a SDB to a 550.

Bought one used of a buddy who steped up to the 1050(trikle down ecenomics) anyway being a used machine I orded the 550 spares/maintenance kit, and I get the grease, the brush and canned air are obvious But what the heck am I supposed to do with the pipe cleaners? Being two different sizes they must have some specific use, but danged if I can figer it out. Any one in the know what to throw a rookie a bone on this one?

Any does anybody know why the video instruction manule is only available on VHS? I would love to get one but I got rid of my last VHS player long ago. Is there some secret source for this video on DVD? Or is there a good tutorial anywhere on cleaning and maintenance? Preferably with pics? The intructions are great on set up and use, but not quite as helpfull with cleaning and such.

Overall I'm thrilled with my new toy. I got the 550 w/casefeeder, 4sets of dies, 7caliber conversions, several toolhead stands, 6 extra toolheads, strong mount, cartridge counter, roller handle, bullet tray and various other odds and ends, all for $375.

Edited by RangemasterD

sounds like a great deal on a 550. try doing a search in the reloaders section for "pipe cleaner" you'll find your answers there. i use them to clean the primer tube on the machine. thats one use for it. i'm sure there are other uses for it.

oh and since none of the senior members said it yet, welcome to the forums :)

Edited by yoshidaex

Overall I'm thrilled with my new toy. I got the 550 w/casefeeder, 4sets of dies, 7caliber conversions, several toolhead stands, 6 extra toolheads, strong mount, cartridge counter, roller handle, bullet tray and various other odds and ends, all for $375.

Dayuummn! Whada deal.... :)

I got the 550 w/casefeeder, 4sets of dies, 7caliber conversions, several toolhead stands, 6 extra toolheads, strong mount, cartridge counter, roller handle, bullet tray and various other odds and ends, all for $375.

HOLY CRAP ! What a deal! I got my 550 used for about $500. It came with 10 sets of dies, 10 caliber conversion kits, powder scale, tumbler ....... basic stuff. BUT NO CASE FEEDER. That really sweetens your deal. B)

you basically just paid for the extra stuff and got the 550 for free :lol: ...oh just in case anyone is interested a guy in Gunbroker is selling 1050's for $800 i just got 2... 1 for my 9mm and another for 40sw...they are extremely dirty but very slightly used